Microchip node and gateway

Hello,
I am using Microchip DV164140-1 set consisting of a node and a gateway. I have configured them using TTN and everything worked fine yesterday, I was able to send messages both ways. Today when I am trying to join OTAA I am always getting “denied”. When I click join in LoRa Development Utility I can see on the TTN console that the node has sent the message, and the gateway has received it. Last activity is also updated.
I am attaching screenshots.

gateway gateway1 gateway2 lora lora1 node 1 node

Don’t use SF12. There are known issues with the RN modules and SF12 downlinks resulting in join failures. (And your uplink use of SF12 results in SF12 downlink)
Your signal strength indicate you can safely switch to SF7. Better performance and less airtime so win-win…

How can I change it? If I change this parameter in node setup nothing is changing.

Have you tried setting the datarate in the communications window?

Thank you, I have figured it out by setting appropriate Data Rate. Now I can connect successfully.
I try to get confirmation of uplink from the Lora Development Utility, I tick “confirmed”, but I don’t get any message back from the server. I can see that the only donwlink is sent on port 0. What is it and how can I get confirmation?
Also, what does that “green” ACK message mean? Previously I have scheduled confirmed downlink on TTN website, is it the confirmation?

conf conf1

The port 0 message is probably the acknowledgment. If you schedule a confirmed uplink the RN module will retransmit the message a couple of times and in the end show an error if no acknowledgement is received,
You will not get an explicit acknowledgment from the module.

The green ack is to signify your module acknowledged the confirmed downlink.

1 Like

hi everyone… im new in the lora way…
i have bought a the microchip lora dev kit 900. and im having a lot of issue starting the proyect.

• i have windows 10 64 bits 20H2
  • i downloaded the suit installer from microchip page
  • i have a running docker containg the mchplora image, and port seems good configured.
    • on wsl2… not virtual box
  • when i start the lora develop suit application… and have the mote or gteway connected… it crashes
    • if nothing is connected it starts. and i can add a server and connect to the docker image… but when i connect any … and try to look for devices… it crash again
  • utility version is 1.01

have you been in the same situation?
ir you used ubuntu or other linux based setup, did it work from the start? or any workaround?

thanks

Perhaps you should look at the Microchip forums. The Microchip suite create a private LoRaWAN network where this forum is for the public TTN network. As a result there probably won’t be many people around with answers for your questions.

thanks jack for the response, i have already created a case in microchip.
beyond the “network” of choice… in my case i cannot even discover the mote and gateway… that is my first step

I understand you are stuck at the start, but it is a step few users of the forum had to take.