Microchip SAMR34 Joining Denied

No. Its disabled.

Hi there, I’m back to CY,
I put my Gemtek mini-hub and RAK831 online.
Recompiled both workshop and vanilla projects.
Both works immediately. Tested with public gateway - also works.

I cannot explain why it had problems in NL. Now ti works with no issues.

Thank you all for input and attention.

I assume that both where using EU868?

Yes, EU868.

A bit odd then, both my RAK831 and the R34 worked fine on 868 without any issue. 915… that was a differnet story.

yes it was weird, and i’ve been able to establish today what was going on with that gateway. It was setup as an EU-868 gateway locally, but TTN thought it was a 915Mhz. After a longer discussion with the owner, it turns out that he had’nt actually connected any 915 devices to it.

good news is that now his gateway is running properly.

I too have had in interesting time getting the SAMR34 to join.
Am in Australia, using a Things Indoor Gateway. As advised in this thread, using AU_BAND and set #define SUBBAND 2, and at each join request nothing seen on the gateway traffic - just could not get it working.
Changed the operation from AU_BAND to NA_BAND, and bingo, join requests seen on the console and are successful (still sub-band 2).
Happy to see it working, but not sure where the problem with AU_BAND operation is, whether a mismatch between the SAMR34 settings and the Gateway settings?

Was this a change on the SAMR34 or the gateway.

This was on the SAMR34 - the Microchip naming convention, from Australian to North American band.

Sounds like your gateway is configured wrong… It needs to be configured in both the console and the device…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.