mPCIe LoRaWAN Gateway Card

what did you find using search ?

Lots of company announcements and nothing I can buy with a credit card.

maybe they can lend you a card because I assume they have one and at least know which one.

Anyone already found a suitable mPCIe Gateway Card ? I would love to use them in combination with the PCEngines.ch APU2.

Laird RG191-M2 in M2.COM form factor, no mPCIe

Your wish will soon come true.
We (n-fuse, a software and electronics company) are happy the announce here the first of our upcoming LoRaWAN products, a concentrator based on the SX1308 in miniPCIe form factor. This is the rudimentary website of the product:

We aim for GA in Q2 2018.

2 Likes

I am interested on mini PCI express LoRaWAN multichannel adapter to build a LoRa Gateway using an Intel Galileo.

I couldn’t find any option available. GlobalSat has adapters for endpoint. Yadom and Wireless-Solutions.de only offer EUR frequency adapters. Multitech doesn’t respect mini PCI express standard.

:frowning:

Yeah, same problem here, altough I want to build it based on the APU2 pcengines platform.
So we’ll have to wait for the n-fuse one :wink:

Intel galileo and other intel iot boards are obsolete.

2 Likes

I agree about Intel Galileo and other Intel IoT boards are obsolete. But it is not the topic of this thread.

I am still interested on mPCIe LoRaWAN Gateway adapter. If you know about any LoRaWAN Gateway adapter which respect mPCIe standard, I would appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

Sebastian

I actually hoped to build a gateway on an Intel embedded platform also that supports mpcie and I found out the hard way that the new MTAC Lora H card is not an mpcie card but is actually just the mpcie form factor. There is a such things as spi of pci which I hoped to use but the card is not properly powered.

MTAC Lora cards are using the M.2 format as far as I know.

1 Like

So far, I have found only LiyaTech is offering mPCIe LoRaWAN adapter for gateway for US Frequency (with Semtech chip) LCM-001.

For others frequencies, you have more options: LiyaTech, Yadom, IMST.

It looks like yadom only has client mPCIe cards no multichannel gateway cards.
Can’t seem to find any IMST PCI products.
Haven’t found any place to buy the Liyatech LCM001 card (with EU freq)

My apology, you are right about IMST and yadom.

I am buying Liyatech products directly to them. Use the contact us form. So far, they are the only ones who offers mini pci express LoRaWAN adapters.

Do you have a price estimate concerning the Liyatech mPCIe card ?

$ 148 mPCIe card
$ 500 software drivers and source code

RAKwireless is working on one afaik. They sent me a powerpoint presentation for it. Don’t know if I’m allowed to share though.
Its got USB + SPI (switchable with SEL signal) on a mPCIe connector and can have either SX1308 or SX1301 populated.
Just contact them if you want to know more. Should be having prototypes by now if nothing else came up, as I last commented on the specs at the end of October via mail - they sure would be happy to hear from more people asking for a product like this as their main problem was demand to make it worthwhile.

PS: It’s not using a standard mPCIe interface though, just the form factor, USB pins are the ones of mPCIe, omitting the other PCIe signals (like REFCLKx, PERP0x, PETxx, …) and adding some SPI lines (I proposed that to them). Don’t know if they can be swayed to implement full mPCIe compatibility at this stage and what that would do to the SPI implementation (which mPCIe doesn’t have) and their roadmap.

1 Like

Do you have any experience with the LCM001 card? if so, is the separate USB connector needed? I mean the USB signals should all be present on the minipcie connector. Also, what are the software drivers and code needed for? Is it just for the USB to SPI converter?

I can’t answer any of your questions. I haven’t purchased yet. Maybe you would like to try asking those questions to Liyatech and share the answer with us.