mPCIe LoRaWAN Gateway Card

Would anyone be interested if Link Labs started selling the LoRaWAN gateway card (mPCIe) form factor as a stand alone item? We wanted to gauge the interest before selling these directly. These have an optional GPS receiver for Class B/Time sync as well.

Respond here if you would be interested. We have quite a few in stock, so we can start selling immediately.

BONUS: Would anyone be interested in a surface mount version of a gateway module instead?

It seems the TTN Kickstarter routers will use a Microchip gateway module, maybe soldable SMD or mPCIe card form factor. So I think you will have competition from Microchip from July (after TTN gateways are delivered).

What about Class-B/Location specification and implementation? It seems current SX1301 based gateway won’t support. Is there any roadmap for new silicon (SX1302 maybe)?

Are there Linux drivers available?

We can provide the FTDI and HAL drivers. This is based on the FTDI USB architecture.

@emery02 Why are you releasing a new card based on serial interface when recent Semtech software no longer supports serial connections:

Removed SPI FTDI support due to lack of performances to properly handle
heavy packet traffic. Only native SPI suage is recommended.

From the commit discussion:

But the main (and concrete) issue with USB/FTDI is the latency issue. As
I said before, if we want to optimize downlink programming, we need to
have a low latency (order of 10ms) between host and sx1301. Which is not
verified at all when using FTDI.

Are your experiences different?

It seems this is not SX1301AP2 ( & additional FPGA)…

I need several LoRaWan boards with the mPCIe form factor. The goal is to prove we can replace a WiFi card with a LoRaWan card in an existing product line. I have a box of unused Raspberry Pis and it would be nice to be able to use them as well while waiting for the embedded software guys to reprogram the main board. I’m new to LoRaWan but not to networking and I appreciate the value-add to the protocol space that Link Labs brings, but I’m open to other vendors also.

If anyone has had experience here then please share.

what did you find using search ?

Lots of company announcements and nothing I can buy with a credit card.

maybe they can lend you a card because I assume they have one and at least know which one.

Anyone already found a suitable mPCIe Gateway Card ? I would love to use them in combination with the PCEngines.ch APU2.

Laird RG191-M2 in M2.COM form factor, no mPCIe

Your wish will soon come true.
We (n-fuse, a software and electronics company) are happy the announce here the first of our upcoming LoRaWAN products, a concentrator based on the SX1308 in miniPCIe form factor. This is the rudimentary website of the product:

We aim for GA in Q2 2018.

2 Likes

I am interested on mini PCI express LoRaWAN multichannel adapter to build a LoRa Gateway using an Intel Galileo.

I couldn’t find any option available. GlobalSat has adapters for endpoint. Yadom and Wireless-Solutions.de only offer EUR frequency adapters. Multitech doesn’t respect mini PCI express standard.

:frowning:

Yeah, same problem here, altough I want to build it based on the APU2 pcengines platform.
So we’ll have to wait for the n-fuse one :wink:

Intel galileo and other intel iot boards are obsolete.

2 Likes

I agree about Intel Galileo and other Intel IoT boards are obsolete. But it is not the topic of this thread.

I am still interested on mPCIe LoRaWAN Gateway adapter. If you know about any LoRaWAN Gateway adapter which respect mPCIe standard, I would appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

Sebastian

I actually hoped to build a gateway on an Intel embedded platform also that supports mpcie and I found out the hard way that the new MTAC Lora H card is not an mpcie card but is actually just the mpcie form factor. There is a such things as spi of pci which I hoped to use but the card is not properly powered.

MTAC Lora cards are using the M.2 format as far as I know.

1 Like