MQTT v2 connection not working

Hello,

My application still unable to connect to the MQTT integration, I’ve seen in the log that the app is trying so I’m a little affraid that the number of client has been exceed ?. ( I’ve tried also with a client on my PC and I was unable to connect but I didn’t have any certificates for the connection )

Does the trouble still going on ?

My connection to the MQTT Broker to thingsnetwork V2 is also unreachable…is this expected?
Either port 8883 and 1883 is unusable.

Hi Folks.

I am also unable to connect to the MQTT integration. I only have 9 MQTT connections with my IP address. So there shouldn’t be any restrictions, right? Or is that currently only a problem in Germany?

Regards

Try turning off TLS, use the unencrypted port 1883, not ideal but reported to be working.

For me it didn´t work

The proposed solution works for me. Many Thanks.

That’s sad to hear. Without any detail / logs etc, we can only offer our commiserations.

I don´t know on to which logs i can provide.
The connection was OK for months to my thingsboard application. Suddently it doesn´t connect showing the message “unable to connect to MQTT broker”.
So it must been something on the TTN side, on mine nothing changed.

I had the problem in Node-RED because the mqtt node could not connect.
The problem has existed since V2 MQTT outage Aug 6, 2021.
Since it affected my last two V2 nodes, I have now migrated them to V3.
Now everything is working again. A wave of the fence post to switch to V3?

Hello,
i try to collect data to node red, i have a connection node red → ttn application! But i see no data incoming. maybe my topic configuration is wrong. but when i am right

my application name is: espnode
my devise in this application is : espnode1

so my topic in node red is: espnode/devices/espnode1/up

when i deploy in node-red, i see in the TTN console the connection is established. But i see no data incoming to node red…

Try +/devices/+/up

v3/+/devices/+/up

works for the moment i try some steps later… thanks!

1 Like

Yup that is correct!

https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/integrations/mqtt/#note-on-using-the-tenant-id

Remember that the format of these topics for The Things Stack Open Source would contain {application id} instead of {application id}@{tenant id} .

ok with these settings it worked

This topic was for MQTT v2 connection, I think your post is for v3.