New LoRaWAN security software - In need of traffic to test

Hi all,

We’re just finishing a security software intended to analyze LoRaWAN traffic, in order to monitor traffic patterns and detect security anomalies, weak/default/easy AppKeys, etc.

Now we want to open it to the community (at no cost) and we are looking for volunteers with considerable amount of traffic that would like to share their gateways’ traffic. To set up the connection, it’s only required 5 minutes of set up in TTN console. We’d provide you with an URL and user/password to access our system and access our dashboard.

For those concerned about their privacy: Since our source of information is at network servr level, your application payload is encrypted. Nevertheless, we don’t analyze information at the application level.

Anyone interested, please contact me so I can send you more details and explain a little bit more about this new solution.

1 Like

:roll_eyes::thinking:

why not explain a bit more here on this forum ?

Why don’t you put the analyzer up on github so that people can install and run it on their own traffic?

Or were you hoping people would donate their traffic to help you develop a proprietary algorithm?

So your after more traffic to test your App Key cracker ?

Hi!

Actually, there is an open source version of the analyzer :slight_smile: to be used on premise. You can get it here GitHub - IOActive/laf: This project intends to provide a series of tools to craft, parse, send, analyze and crack a set of LoRaWAN packets in order to audit or pentest the security of a LoraWAN infrastructure.! Let me know if you have any doubt installing it.

Besides, we’re developing a commercial version with a frontend and many other functions (many of them based on IA). Now, we need to test it with more traffic, different to the one we can generate.

1 Like

Not only the cracker! There are many other functions, which check for traffic behaviour.

Many devices are deployed with vendors keys as they come, or people use easy-to-guess AppKeys such as the combination of the AppEUI+DevEUI and vice-versa.

Since the AppKey is a fundamental part in lorawan security, we check for these kind of keys that could be easily cracked by an attacker.

OK tnx, I had a quick peek at your github and now I understand it a bit more.

Hi this is Simon I run the northern Wiltshire community And run 4 gateways 2 active.I was a security consultant for Telecommunication networks world wide so ha experience in design, test and consultancy.Now retired so have more time.If interested then contact me.

1 Like