New T-Beam Version 1.2

Since a few weeks there is a new version of LilyGo T-Beam, called V1.2.
The power-managment circuit AXP192 is replaced by an AXP2101. You need a new library for the power-managment.
Here you can find the new schematic:

6 Likes

Hey Wolfang,

do you have already a usable sample sketch to get gps and lora with this new version?
I´m really stuck with this problem. They only ship the v1.2

Thanks

Mistress Google says:

Did you test it, or only google it and post it?

There is no example for the new hardware and also no example that sends the gps coordinates via lora…

If your after code to send GPS co-ordinates via point to point LoRa then this TTN forum is unable to assist.

GPS trackers in general are not a good fit for TTN applications anyway.

I recently used it on a couple of T-Beams. So yes to test.

The Google reference is a hint that finding stuff can be done via Google. Many questions here use a proxy system of searching where people ask open ended questions and we demonstrate how such things can be found directly.

Your post is open to interpretation - you are asking for a usable sample sketch which comes with the Arduino BSP but we have no idea what came before - if you’ve tried that it would be help us to help you if you told us what the issues are.

As it is Arduino, I’d reasonably expect the T-Beam examples to work across the versions.

This I take it means when you buy one, you get a v1.2. It would be useful to know what the older ones do that the v1.2 isn’t doing for you.

As long as you want to use LoRaWAN with your T-Beam, then feel free to start again but with a load more detail about what you want to achieve, what you’ve tried and what is currently happening.

If you want to use LoRa point to point, as above, this is not the forum you are seeking, it only for LoRaWAN on TTN/TTI.

Hey Nick,

thank your for your answers. My issue is really simple.

They changed the PSU-IC from a AXP192 (V1.1) to a AXP2101 (V1.2). For this new AXP you need also new libs and code.

And there is still no example code for a t-beam V1.2 with this new PSU-IC. Wolfang noticed that there is a new version, so i asked him, if he has a working example sketch for the new PSU-IC.

It is simple as that…

The example repo doesnt include one for the new V1.2 board…

And i forgot: I dont know why someone talks about Lora Point-to-Point. Never mentioned this here. Of course i want to do LoraWAN with the TTN/TTS network…

@maddig that’s a much better phrasing :slight_smile: your initial question seemed to imply how to get GPS coordinates and send it through LoRa, instead of how to actually enable the GPS because of this new AXP!

And about LoRa…

So it’s not that weird of us to assume you meant plain LoRa! Better use LoRaWAN here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is with the two sentences above that one.

And as a kiss & make-up I won’t make too many observations but the repro I linked to has the schematic but more importantly, the GPS examples have a direct reference to the AXP2101 in the boards.h in each example folder - and there is a lib for the chipset:

bool initPMU() {
    if (!PMU) {
        PMU = new XPowersAXP2101(PMU_WIRE_PORT);
        if (!PMU->init()) {
            Serial.println("Warning: Failed to find AXP2101 power management");
            delete PMU;
            PMU = NULL;
        } else {
            Serial.println("AXP2101 PMU init succeeded, using AXP2101 PMU");
        }
    }

if (!PMU) {
        PMU = new XPowersAXP192(PMU_WIRE_PORT);
        if (!PMU->init()) {
            Serial.println("Warning: Failed to find AXP192 power management");
            delete PMU;
            PMU = NULL;
        } else {
            Serial.println("AXP192 PMU init succeeded, using AXP192 PMU");
        }
    }

if (!PMU) {
        return false;
    }

PMU->setChargingLedMode(XPOWERS_CHG_LED_BLINK_1HZ);

pinMode(PMU_IRQ, INPUT_PULLUP);
    attachInterrupt(PMU_IRQ, setPmuFlag, FALLING);

if (PMU->getChipModel() == XPOWERS_AXP192) {

PMU->setProtectedChannel(XPOWERS_DCDC3);

// lora
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_LDO2, 3300);
        // gps
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_LDO3, 3300);
        // oled
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC1, 3300);

PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_LDO2);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_LDO3);

//protected oled power source
        PMU->setProtectedChannel(XPOWERS_DCDC1);
        //protected esp32 power source
        PMU->setProtectedChannel(XPOWERS_DCDC3);
        // enable oled power
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC1);

//disable not use channel
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC2);

PMU->disableIRQ(XPOWERS_AXP192_ALL_IRQ);

PMU->enableIRQ(XPOWERS_AXP192_VBUS_REMOVE_IRQ |
                       XPOWERS_AXP192_VBUS_INSERT_IRQ |
                       XPOWERS_AXP192_BAT_CHG_DONE_IRQ |
                       XPOWERS_AXP192_BAT_CHG_START_IRQ |
                       XPOWERS_AXP192_BAT_REMOVE_IRQ |
                       XPOWERS_AXP192_BAT_INSERT_IRQ |
                       XPOWERS_AXP192_PKEY_SHORT_IRQ
                      );

} else if (PMU->getChipModel() == XPOWERS_AXP2101) {

#if defined(CONFIG_IDF_TARGET_ESP32)
        //Unuse power channel
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC3);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC4);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC5);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO1);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO4);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_BLDO1);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_BLDO2);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DLDO1);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DLDO2);

// GNSS RTC PowerVDD 3300mV
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_VBACKUP, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_VBACKUP);

//ESP32 VDD 3300mV
        // ! No need to set, automatically open , Don't close it
        // PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC1, 3300);
        // PMU->setProtectedChannel(XPOWERS_DCDC1);
        PMU->setProtectedChannel(XPOWERS_DCDC1);

// LoRa VDD 3300mV
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO2, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO2);

//GNSS VDD 3300mV
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO3, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO3);

#endif /*CONFIG_IDF_TARGET_ESP32*/

#if defined(LILYGO_TBeamS3_SUPREME_V3_0)

//t-beam m.2 inface
        //gps
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO4, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO4);

// lora
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO3, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO3);

// In order to avoid bus occupation, during initialization, the SD card and QMC sensor are powered off and restarted
        if (ESP_SLEEP_WAKEUP_UNDEFINED == esp_sleep_get_wakeup_cause()) {
            Serial.println("Power off and restart ALDO BLDO..");
            PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO1);
            PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO2);
            PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_BLDO1);
            delay(250);
        }

// Sensor
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO1, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO1);

PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO2, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_ALDO2);

//Sdcard

PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_BLDO1, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_BLDO1);

PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_BLDO2, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_BLDO2);

//face m.2
        PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC3, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC3);

PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC4, XPOWERS_AXP2101_DCDC4_VOL2_MAX);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC4);

PMU->setPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC5, 3300);
        PMU->enablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC5);

//not use channel
        // PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC4);
        // PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DCDC5);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DLDO1);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_DLDO2);
        PMU->disablePowerOutput(XPOWERS_VBACKUP);

// Set constant current charge current limit
        PMU->setChargerConstantCurr(XPOWERS_AXP2101_CHG_CUR_500MA);

// Set charge cut-off voltage
        PMU->setChargeTargetVoltage(XPOWERS_AXP2101_CHG_VOL_4V2);

// Disable all interrupts
        PMU->disableIRQ(XPOWERS_AXP2101_ALL_IRQ);
        // Clear all interrupt flags
        PMU->clearIrqStatus();
        // Enable the required interrupt function
        PMU->enableIRQ(
            XPOWERS_AXP2101_BAT_INSERT_IRQ    | XPOWERS_AXP2101_BAT_REMOVE_IRQ      |   //BATTERY
            XPOWERS_AXP2101_VBUS_INSERT_IRQ   | XPOWERS_AXP2101_VBUS_REMOVE_IRQ     |   //VBUS
            XPOWERS_AXP2101_PKEY_SHORT_IRQ    | XPOWERS_AXP2101_PKEY_LONG_IRQ       |   //POWER KEY
            XPOWERS_AXP2101_BAT_CHG_DONE_IRQ  | XPOWERS_AXP2101_BAT_CHG_START_IRQ       //CHARGE
            // XPOWERS_AXP2101_PKEY_NEGATIVE_IRQ | XPOWERS_AXP2101_PKEY_POSITIVE_IRQ   |   //POWER KEY
        );

#endif
    }

PMU->enableSystemVoltageMeasure();
    PMU->enableVbusVoltageMeasure();
    PMU->enableBattVoltageMeasure();
    // It is necessary to disable the detection function of the TS pin on the board
    // without the battery temperature detection function, otherwise it will cause abnormal charging
    PMU->disableTSPinMeasure();

Serial.printf("=========================================\n");
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_DCDC1)) {
        Serial.printf("DC1  : %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_DCDC1)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC1));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_DCDC2)) {
        Serial.printf("DC2  : %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_DCDC2)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC2));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_DCDC3)) {
        Serial.printf("DC3  : %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_DCDC3)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC3));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_DCDC4)) {
        Serial.printf("DC4  : %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_DCDC4)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC4));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_DCDC5)) {
        Serial.printf("DC5  : %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_DCDC5)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_DCDC5));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_LDO2)) {
        Serial.printf("LDO2 : %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_LDO2)   ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_LDO2));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_LDO3)) {
        Serial.printf("LDO3 : %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_LDO3)   ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_LDO3));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_ALDO1)) {
        Serial.printf("ALDO1: %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_ALDO1)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO1));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_ALDO2)) {
        Serial.printf("ALDO2: %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_ALDO2)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO2));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_ALDO3)) {
        Serial.printf("ALDO3: %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_ALDO3)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO3));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_ALDO4)) {
        Serial.printf("ALDO4: %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_ALDO4)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_ALDO4));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_BLDO1)) {
        Serial.printf("BLDO1: %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_BLDO1)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_BLDO1));
    }
    if (PMU->isChannelAvailable(XPOWERS_BLDO2)) {
        Serial.printf("BLDO2: %s   Voltage: %04u mV \n",  PMU->isPowerChannelEnable(XPOWERS_BLDO2)  ? "+" : "-",  PMU->getPowerChannelVoltage(XPOWERS_BLDO2));
    }
    Serial.printf("=========================================\n");

// Set the time of pressing the button to turn off
    PMU->setPowerKeyPressOffTime(XPOWERS_POWEROFF_4S);
    uint8_t opt = PMU->getPowerKeyPressOffTime();
    Serial.print("PowerKeyPressOffTime:");
    switch (opt) {
    case XPOWERS_POWEROFF_4S: Serial.println("4 Second");
        break;
    case XPOWERS_POWEROFF_6S: Serial.println("6 Second");
        break;
    case XPOWERS_POWEROFF_8S: Serial.println("8 Second");
        break;
    case XPOWERS_POWEROFF_10S: Serial.println("10 Second");
        break;
    default:
        break;
    }

return true;
}

It would be genuinely useful if you could make comment on how this escaped your attention - I’m compiling notes for a course.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your efforts. I seen this two, but i cant get it working because iam not that into coding like you or others. Thats because i asked Wolfgang if he had maybe a example sketch for getting GPS coordinates and send it via LoRaWAN.

In general, i dont know why you get so spicy in this forum. I asked Wolfgang (and only Wolfgang) a simple question. You linked in and get really heated with your conversation. Now a days this is the not so cool part of these forums or facebook groups. And iam not a person who asks: How can i plug in a mouse in my computer… You can be sure, i also google stuff, before i search for help…

But all in all, thanks for your help

By posting a public message you are (involuntarily) addressing all forum members as well. That results in (some of) them trying to help solve the issue. For private questions you could try sending a private message.

I agree things tend to get pointy rather fast these days. We need to cool down some.

You gave no indication of that and I provided a link directly to the resource.

For a first time poster you seem to have pigeon-holed me, you’e been on here 1 day and read 12 posts over 17 minutes, scant time to see the number of solutions, links to external resources and :heart: posts generated entirely by assisting people.

I’ve been reading the guidelines and following along with the StackOverflow Meta discussions. And reading post on the Arduino forum. Fundamentally people throw questions over the wall hoping someone will pick up and run with it.

I could have ignored your post (this is a public forum, all threads are public), but I gave you a link the examples. I thought you dismissive “did you test or just Google” wasn’t at all useful.

Once provoked, your reboot question was pretty good.

However you’ve subsequently spoilt it by saying you are not in to coding, which makes little sense as you were literally asking for code - so like the LoRa vs LoRaWAN assumptions, it wasn’t unreasonable to assume, I posted the relevant function and as the chip name is in the code in plain text, I don’t think it is a total stretch for you to see that what you needed was there.

A matter of interpretation.

If I’d put “Are you too stupid to use Google” and no link, that would be rude.

Heated would be a continuing exchange. Which we have now, but with rudeness. This is me being analytical and pushing back because the actual number of times anyone bothers to thank us on here for untangling their initial question & coming up with a working result is so rare that I’ve spent months now wondering why I bother.

This is a forum for a complicated technical topic - well formed questions are expected - SO guidelines would have resulted in a first post downgrade that would actually lock you out from reposting on the network for some time. Arduino would have been no less forthright than me.

As for cool, is it cool for someone to join a community, receive detailed direct help despite their request and then complain about the journey that they set the direction of from the start?

PS, forum search for GPS location (OK) vs tracking (not OK) on LoRaWAN will give you a wealth of detail.

This can be fixed, perhaps best by opening a new topic and telling us what you have tried, what you see and what expect.