No data is seen on TTN

I am using RN2483 LoRa module. I have passed the command as “mac tx uncnf 1 5A5B5B” .I am able to receive the response from the device as “OK” and “mac_tx_ok”. but when i login to TTN , I was expected to see the data on the registered device in in live data field. But i see no data here. I was able to do it once, but now it is not successful. Please let me know what changes I could make.
Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 12.34.31

How is the device setup? ABP or OTAA?

Do you have your own gateway?

If so:
Does it show the transmission from the device on the TTN console?
Does it show the transmission from the device on its console?
How close is the device & the gateway?

1 Like

Hello
Thank you for your reply.
I do not have my own gateway. I am trying to connect to public gateway.
When I run my code I am getting the response from the LoRa module as “ok” and “mac_tx_ok” which is exactly what is expected according to the datasheet,but when i see the payload on the TTN I am not able to see it in the TTN network.

This confuses me. If you see payload in TTN where is that? And what are you looking at when you say you do not see it in the TTN network? (Screenshots might help us identify what you mean)

Keep in mind TTN only shows data that arrives while the console is open. It does not show historical data. For that you need to use the storage integration.

1 Like

Hello
Thanks for responding.
The trouble is ,I am not able to see the data in TTN network after being sent. The lora module is responding as “ok” and “mac_tx_ok”

Are you using OTAA or ABP?

1 Like

I am using ABP

Did you reset the uplink counter in TTN console? Or save the counter on the device?
And are you sure you are in coverage area of a gateway? Because LoRaWAN uplinks are like UDP packets, just send and no ACK from the network.

1 Like

All this tells you is that the module has done what was asked - as @kersing says, there is no handshaking going on here so it has no way of knowing if it was heard.

Pretty much everyone trying to debug a device without their own gateways ends up buying one. The 1 or 2 that get away without buying one have to stand outside the map location of the gateway to be sure of being heard. In urban areas you are unlikely to get more than a 1km of range.

If you are using ABP you should turn off / reset the frame counters.

Or use OTAA which sorts out all sorts of technicals for you.

1 Like
Serial.begin(57600);
  Serial2.begin(57600);
  delay(10);
  lora_autobaud();
  Serial.println("Initing LoRa");

//   Serial2.listen();
  //   str = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
  //   Serial.println(str);
  Serial2.println("sys get hweui");
  str = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
  Serial.println(str);

bool join_result;
  const char *devAddr = "260B0E5F";
  const char *nwkSKey = "88974A75B05638962CEF9BD8DD4FA505";
  const char *appSKey = "41C8C071BA09810507901E0F542F2AD5";

join_result = myLora.initABP(devAddr, appSKey, nwkSKey);
  log_v("%d", join_result);

while (!join_result)
  {
    Serial.println("Unable to join. Are your keys correct, and do you have TTN coverage?");
    delay(60000); // delay a minute before retry
    join_result = myLora.init();
  }
  Serial.println("Successfully joined TTN");
  str = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
  Serial.println(str);

Serial2.println("mac set ar on");

Serial2.println("mac get ch freq 0");
  String q = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
  log_v("%s", q);

Serial2.println("mac set retx 5");
  String x = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
  log_v("%s", x);

Serial2.println("mac get status");
  String y = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
  log_v("%s", y);

Serial2.println("mac tx uncnf 2 5A5B5CFFDDFF");
  String t = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
  log_v("%s", t);

for (int j = 0; j < 2; j++)
  {
   String tx1 = Serial2.readStringUntil('\n');
    log_v("%s", tx1);
  }

This is the code I am using to send the data to TTN network.
I need onen more clarification, does my esp32 interfaced with LOra is acting as a gateway to send the data to TTN?
As I am new to LoRa and TTN I am too much confused

We only do LoRaWAN - there is a difference.

You told me above that you didn’t have a gateway.

Why did you say that if you now say you have an ESP32 acting as a gateway?

If you have an ESP32 that has the Single Channel code installed, we call that a Single Channel Packet Forwarder as it is not a gateway, we can not support it and it is disruptive to the community network so we would ask that you disconnect it immediately.

See Single Channel Packet Forwarders (SCPF) are obsolete and not supported for more details.

Please accept my apology for wrong terms usage here. I am confused too much .
My hardware setup is : esp32 interfaced with LoRa module(RN2483).
I am flashing the above code on this setup. I was expecting to see some data on TTN . That is not happening.
please help me

Please read up/watch YouTube on ABP versus OTAA and counters with regards to replay attacks. That is basic knowledge you need to understand LoRaWAN.