[not supported] Heltec HT-M00

I’m trying to connect my HT-M00 to TTN, I set up an account, added the gateway, and made sure to configure the server correctly in the devices settings page. The gateway seems to try and connect but then it states “Disconnect from server ! Please check network” I can see the device on my wifi and ping it. In my gateway overview it shows the device as never seen, but I don’t get any debug data so I’m not sure where to even start troubleshooting.

The HT-M00 is not a LoRaWan gateway and so must not be connected to TTN, as doing so would cause problems for other users and not just yourself.

What it is, is an evil hack using two node class radios, and as such is confined to private non-TTN experiments only. It lacks the hardware needed to participate in the community network, and so it is not permitted to register or connect it to that.

It would really be best to return it to the vendor, since it has no real practical use.

That is good to know, thank you. Especially since they market it as things network compatible even going so far as to have a section in the manual on how to set it up for TTN

Hi,

I´m trying to configure the Heltec HT-M01S (similar to ours) and I´m getting the same error message when I configure server and port. The strage thing ís that the connection is not disconnected when the used cloud is from Heltec.

Regards,

Eduardo Bastos

Hi,

You are posting off-topic about a different gateway.
And you are posting in a topic of a gateway that is not supported.

Please post in the Heltec HT-M01S indoor gateway topic or create a new topic for your issue.