Heltec HT-M01S indoor gateway

The new gateway is a low-cost standard LoRaWAN gateway positioned for indoor environments, it’s based on the ESP32 and SX1308 + SX1255/7, it’s ready for sale now.
https://heltec.org/project/ht-m01s/

Use this coupon to get a 20% discount (Valid in January 2021): ht2101060001

5 Likes

Looks interesting.

When will the docs be online?
Will the source code be made available?

1 Like

If you advertise your product on the TTN forum, then it would be nice to have a link to TTN on the product page as well and not just to a private LoRa Server solution.

6 Likes

Thank you for your hints, we will do that later. :grinning:

1 Like

The document is available here:
https://heltec-automation-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/gateway/ht-m01s/index.html

So would this be able to serve as a standard TTN gateway?

With the launch of the V3 TTN option at the TTConf 21 late Jan you might also want to quickly move to update your docs to show option for V3 registration as well as the current V2 Console implementation. Also look for PM to follow.

We had finished all tests with TTS V3, work perfectly.

My colleagues in preparing PR to TTS official repositories to add devices. The submission should be completed within this week.

1 Like

Yes, it can work with both TTN and TTS.

BTW. We had tested with almost every LoRaWAN cloud server.

@hunter8801 What is the gateway software based on, Semtech UDP Packet Forwarder, Multi Protocol Packet Forwarder, LoRa Basics Station, or other?

1 Like

It’s based on Semtech UDP Packet Forwarder.

What plans for others? Note with move to V3 TTN recommendation is avoid/move away from the SMTC legacy UDP solution… @kersing ‘s MPpf supports useful abilities like user friendly device naming (vs cryptic eui-12345fffe67890ab types), and of course LoRa BasicStation now de rigure…

Is there someone in the UK selling these?

The HT-M01S is ESP32 based so does not run Linux. The best (alternative) would be LoRa Basics Station which has been proven to run on the even less powerfull ESP8266 (but latter is closed source).

@hunter8801

• Is the firmware upgradable by the customer?
  • Are there plans to implement LoRa Basics Station?

I will confirm with our agents tomorrow.

Yes, Uses can update firmware via UART or OTA.

That’s a good idea, we will talk that in the regular meeting next week on Monday.

2 Likes

Hi,

I have one HT-M01S (firmware Rev.1.2) and I´m trying to connect to TTN servers without success. After some time (the message below shows that the connection was made), the message “Disconnect from server. Please check network” is displayed (I´ve checked all the network connectio and it´s fine). Is there any compatibility problem between this device and TTN?

Local UDP port=1700, Connection successful
LoraWan Server : brazil.thethings.network, port: 1700

Could you please check it out?

Regards,

Eduardo Bastos

Have you read any of the messages above yours? Heltec successfully tested against V3. May-be you should try V3 as well as V2 will be schutdown later this year. Add new gateways to V3 to avoid having to migrate later this year.

1 Like

Hi Kersing,

Thank you so much for helping me in this issue. Changing to TTN V3 made my HT-M01S works like a charm. I got the message “Connect gateway” at the new V3 console interface and I´m now able to receive information from my gateway. I want to apologize for not reading the previous messages in this thread since I was in a hurry. Tks again.

Regards,

Eduardo Bastos

1 Like