Pem file not found on docker on windows

Hi,
I’m trying to run TTN in docker compose on Windows. I have followed the getting started guide and everything seems to go well until trying ‘docker-compose up’. The thingsstack_stack_1 fails to start the gRPC server with error ‘— open cert.pem: no such file or directory’.
It is configured to use a local cert file as per the default yml files. I have set permissions to full control on both the cert and key files for all users.
I do not have a domain so have used localhost in ttn-lw-stack-docker.yml

Are you using letsencrypt? I am guessing you are, if so
Inside of your docker-compose.yml file,
Did you forget to uncomment the line - ./acme:/var/lib/acme ?

I’m using self signed certificates instead of letsencrypt as I do not have a domain. I generated the two key files using openssl - ‘openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 -days 365 -keyout key.pem -out cert.pem’ - and they are sitting in the same folder as the docker-compose.yml file.

the command that you ran would have required you to create the cert key.pem with a password, I am guessing that the stack doesn’t know what that password is…
openssl rsa -in key.pem -out key.pem
^ try that, it may ask for the password that you entered when creating that cert

Good call, it does ask for the password. Unfortunately I am still getting the ‘no such file or directory’ error.

Have you also attempted to copy the cert and key into the acme file? No clue if that would work, but I somewhat recall it working.

I hadn’t tried that. Unfortunately the result is the same.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.