Please helppppp About sending my 1st TTN message :-)

Hi !

I am trying to send my first TTN message.
I have a dragino01 gateway on my desk, created and connected:

ID : a84041194084ffff
Name : 7Lab01
Gateway EUI : A84041194084FFFF

I Created an APP:
ID : Onde-esta-a-bicicleta

I add 2 nodes.

I have a Heltec WiFi loRa 32 v2

One as ABP and another as OTAA.

My Heltec app show me this on Serial Port:
##############################################
ESP32 MCU init…
ESP32 MCU inited OK!

Booting Sketch…

WiFi connected.
View page IP address:
Write page IP address:
192.168.1.65/w

DevEui=2232330000888802
LoRaWAN EU868 Class C start!

confirmed uplink sending …
confirmed uplink sending …
teste_teste_teste
##############################################

“teste_teste_teste” is my test string.

But I dont see nothing arriving on gateway or in APP live data.

My gateway only reports acknowledge message like these:

network_check 20:17:20 Receive gateway status Metrics ackr0rxfw0rxin0rxok0txin0txok0 Versions ttn-lw-gateway-server"3.15.1-SNAPSHOT-d4b4c6d2b"
network_check 20:12:20 Receive gateway status Metrics ackr0rxfw0rxin0rxok0txin0txok0 Versions ttn-lw-gateway-server"3.15.1-SNAPSHOT-d4b4c6d2b"
network_check 20:07:20 Receive gateway status Metricsackr0rxfw0rxin0rxok0txin0txok0 Versions ttn-lw-gateway-server"3.15.1-SNAPSHOT-d4b4c6d2b"

What is wrong? Please help me :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Paulo

Sorry bad news for you…

The hardware you are using is not a LoRaWAN compliant gateway and you are now seeing the results. Please disconnect it as you will be causing issues for other TTN users. If you want to do LoRaWAN you need to use a compliant gateway.

BTW, please don’t use acknowledged uplinks. You are only allowed 10 of them a day in TTN.

Hi Kersing,

This gateway is not supported?
It is connected.

Thanks

Not for LoRaWAN. It is a Lora gateway, not a LoRaWAN gateway. Get a LPS8 or TTIG or something like it for LoRaWAN.

1 Like

Thanks !

I already ordered a new The Things indoor gateway :slight_smile:
Later I must choose a longer range gateway maybe one Laird and a one outdoor gateway.
I already saw this video: Reviewing 5 Popular LoRaWAN® Indoor Gateways - Ben Olayinka (The Things Industries) - YouTube
Any more recommendations about gateways?
Paulo

Get one working first. Then you’ll understand for realz what the choices mean for realz.

So whilst I’m a great fan of the TTIG, it doesn’t have a local console without soldering. So an LPS8 or LIG16. Or maybe a Pi based gateway. So you can really dig in to the details when you are debugging.

Hi,
I already ordered one TTIG. As you said, first I must have something working ok.
What you mean by “TTIG, it doesn’t have a local console without soldering” ?

Thanks !
Paulo

If you want serial console output you need to open it up and solder some pins on to use a Serial-USB adapter. Local console is very useful for debugging.

Is it for Gateway Debugging ? Do you have some video about this TTIG modification?

Node debugging We have with arduino IDE serial monitor.

Not on a TTIG - they either work or they don’t, mostly the former.

It’s for debugging nodes to see if they are actually transmitting.

I don’t have a video of the modification or a link as I use TTIG’s as is, I have other gateways I use for debugging - search the forum or use Google.

Hi Kersing,

TIG - Things Industries Indoor Gateway, only works with The Things Industries? not free The things Network?

Thanks

I already find it.
############################################################################
TTIG works with both TTI instances and TTN - TTS(CE) aka V3 - follow ‘device claiming’ (NOT Add gateway) to register it in TTN

Follow documentation here - applies to both TTI & TTN
https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/gateways/thethingsindoorgateway/
############################################################################

Please dont double post! :wink: It splits volunteers and contributors efforts and wastes time for all…