Plug-and-play alternatives to The Things Gateway?

Having just spent a couple of days trying unsuccessfully to activate our newly purchased Things Gateway, and having read the flurry of posts concerning similar problems in December and January 2017, with no apparent solution provided, I’m thinking about cutting my losses and finding an alternative LoRa gateway.

Our application is as follows:

1. Deploy a bunch of Vinduinos (equipped with LM-210 LoRaWAN modules) in the field;
  2. Receive and process the Vinduino data at a remote central location, presumably via Internet (LoRa gateway-> 3G/4G router-> Internet)

Please note that I’m a research meteorologist, not an engineer, so I’m not eager to undertake a DIY gateway project unless given a true cookbook-style recipe. However, cost matters too.

Any suggestions?

There are a number of Gateway Manufacturers, brands like Kerlink , Laird , IMST , Multitech ect.
I suggest start with a search and set a budget :wink:

https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/marketplace/products/devices

Where in the world are you? Where do you want to deploy? Are you a member of a TTN community? It may be there are people in the community or in adjacent areas/communities that can help you plan/test/deploy once you have chosen - or even help you choose…