POC - Sp02 and heart hate sensor over LoRaWan

Oximetry sensor using a LoRaWan modem.

This is the proof of concept of a project proposal for the development of a low cost and open source oximeter.

The project is in the beginning and the device I have is a POC.

I use arduino pro as a microcontroller and the MAX30100 sensor and a modem from RADIOENGE, a Brazilian company.
The LoRaWan network used was that of the American Tower that covers the entire City of Rio de Janeiro.
Oximetry sensor using a lorawan modem.

This is the proof of concept of a project proposal for the development of a low cost and open source oximeter.

The project is in the beginning and the device I have is a POC.

I use arduino pro as a microcontroller and the MAX30100 sensor and a modem from RADIOENGE, a Brazilian company.

The LoRaWan network used was that of the American Tower that covers the entire city of Rio de Janeiro.

Leaving this proof of concept stage the proposal is to seek sponsorship for the development of a bracelet.

And that these bracelets are made available exclusively to the public health care network.

Nursing homes and ailments.

Here we have what we call the family clinic that serves the favelas and this type of device could be distributed to those served by these public clinics.

This device would be connected to a data visualization system and could be used to identify diseases like:
Heart attack
Heart failure
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Anemia
Lung cancer
Asthma
Pneumonia
and COVID19.

Some patients breathe normally - but Covid-19 smothers them in silence.

Many patients are losing oxygen in their blood long before they realize it.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-20 at 21.44.01 WhatsApp Image 2020-05-20 at 21.44.13 (1) WhatsApp Image 2020-05-20 at 21.44.13 (2) WhatsApp Image 2020-05-20 at 21.44.13

Hmm… the thing about SPO2 sensors is that it’s fairly easy and safe to use the same sensor on a lot of people, since the sensing is not particular invasive beyond basic hygiene. And right now there aren’t enough of them for even every family to have one (though they’re cheap to make, so eventually the supply chain will catch up).

If you link it to radio rather than the traditional on-device display, how are you going to know who’s finger it is on for any particular reading?

Hello thanks for the question. Let me try to explain.
This will not be a device that anyone will use and it will be a bracelet in the future. The idea is that doctors distribute to their patients at the family clinic. There the families are registered and the monitoring is in the homes.

Seems like you’re taking an inexpensive, versatile technology and making it more expensive and less versatile…

If you give people a medical device to monitor their health, they would have a reasonable expectations that the readings it takes will actually be received and monitored, and acted on if need be.

How do you guarantee message delivery with TTN\LoRaWAN ?

here in Rio de Janeiro there is an operator that has a LoRaWan network throughout the city. American Tower.

So? LoRaWAN isn’t really a protocol designed to move data reliably. Although it does purport to offer confirmation mechanisms, the retry algorithms have issues.

Also if you are using a commercial network operator then you are not using TTN, and the thread isn’t really on topic here.