Poor sending ability but good receiving ability of the gateway

Whether it is MAC command, ACK, or content distribution, my gateway can only successfully send it to the node within ten meters from the node.
However, the receiving capacity of the gateway is very normal: in the urban environment, it can receive node messages 400 meters away

Is this normal?

I am using SX1302 + SX1250 with raspberrypi as the gateway.

Which sx1302 card are you using?

Was it sold for the frequency you are using it on, or could you be using 915 MHz hardware on 868 or the reverse?

What is the node? Same question there?

What are you using as a power supply for the pi gateway?

What are you using to power the node? If it’s not yet running on batteries, try that - LoRa modulation is more resistant to power supply noise than other types, but something very noisy (especially something notoriously noisy like a portable phone charger battery that has a boost converter in it) could perhaps still create enough noise to challenge receive range.

Hi there, thanks for your reply!

The sx1302 is made in china, the instructions say it operates at 470-510MHz.

I am using dragino shield with MCCI LMIC library at 470MHz band.

The pi gateway is powered with a standard raspberry pi charger, and the node is powered with a USB cable on my laptop.

Actually, I remembered when I use some type of Rakwireless node in the past, this phenomenon seems to have occurred.I don’t know if there is a problem with the gateway and how to troubleshoot it.

That’s not an answer to the question. A decent card should come with engineering documentation. It’s important to see what the rated power output is, and that the power compensation tables are correct.

The pi gateway is powered with a standard raspberry pi charger

Actual specifications are needed

I am using dragino shield with MCCI LMIC library at 470MHz band.

MCCI LMiC does not look like it supports that band yet - there don’t appear to be any region-specific files for that in the repository the way there are for a variety of 800 and 900 MHz plans.

Which specific LoRaWAN regional parameters are you using? In which physical country?

I attached the Chinese hardware design specification, with some English notes.

Raspberry pi ac adaptor P4219

• MODEL:KSA-15E-051300HU
  • INPUT:100-240V~50/60Hz 0.5A
  • OUTPUT:5.1V==3.0A

The 470 version code is modified with the US915 version, and I just hard code the required regional parameters into the files. The code is not elegant, but the effect is quite good. At least, it is the same when receiving and transmitting close to the device.

I can see two antenna-connectors on the board. Which connector do you use to connect your antenna - or do you use two antennas?
Is there an antenna-switch between the transmit- and the receive-path?

This is really too low.

The 470 version code is modified with the US915 version, and I just hard code the required regional parameters into the files.

That’s not going to work. There’s far more to it than just frequencies.

Chances are you’ve made one or more mistakes in this customization, at the very least, with private self modified code you’re off in a land where only you can figure out what’s wrong.

You also never answered what specific LoRaWAN regional settings plan you were using, or in which country. China for example doesn’t actually use 470, but something in the 500 MHz region…