Potential coverage per country (Gateways)

Hei. Good day
Is there anyway of quering all coordinates off all gateways and its respectively potential area of coverage per country?
The actual tnnmaper show the coveraged measured but not the potential. I can graphically see the gateways positions in tnnmaper, but not the covering area. In the other way, I can see them if go to specific comunities, with its potential area, but i cannot get the data…

Any ideas?

Thanks

Firstly, please do not double post - it splits volunteers efforts and dilutes threads and discussions.

As noted there is also the main map for TTN as well as the maps by community/country, however the TTN Communities map simply shows an idealised radius vs real coverage, taking no account of terrain or building clutter. No map can show you full coverage - that can only come through testing. TTN Mapper shows you real coverage - where that has been achived - under specific circumstances and conditions depending on how the mapping device has been set up and can be ‘conservative’. What it does not/cannot show is where coverage is avialable but has not yet been tested/demonstrated so is by nature sparce…and as you will note is often constrained to transport routes, and where people take their trackers, mappers and GPS enabled devices. Coverage isnt just determined by the GW but also by the configration & set up and abilities of the node you plan to use (often antenna/orientation/height dependent etc.). There are indeed ways to get details of gw’s - individually or by groups and techniques for doing that - as a new user on the Forum you might spend some time searching the various threads that comment on this. What you might try is look up a specific GW location then apply that to a RF coverage predictor/modelling tool (again historically covered by Forum discussions) to get some idea of its coverage estimates (again depends on conditions and the prediction models used), and even scale that to small groups of GW’s. Doing that at larger scale (country/region level) can get very slow and or very expensive depending on the tools you choose to use (some tools have ‘free’/trial options and will then offer paid tiers!).

1 Like