Questions to TTN rules

What is if I know I am the only one in my hometown who uses a node and a getaway.
Can I have when more airtime? And what is during a short testing period?
I know there are a limitation in law of EU868.

The question is their a backend limitation (ban) of node implemented?

The fair access rules relate in part to the use of the backend and support which deals with and delivers the packets forwarded from the gateway.

So even if your the only user for a gazillion miles\kilometers, you use the same amount of the resources supplied for free.

There are no exceptions for so called ā€˜testing purposesā€™ that I am aware off, although you dont have to look far to find examples of it.

The fair access policy is currently not enforced.

I did assume your question was really about TTN access rules and not LoRaWAN as such.

Yes the question was about the TTN rules. Thanks for your answer.

WRT: There are no exceptions for so called ā€˜testing purposesā€™ that I am aware off, although you dont have to look far to find examples of it.

In: Limitations: data rate, packet size, 30 seconds uplink and 10 messages downlink per day Fair Access Policy [guidelines]
it says ā€œFor development purposes it may be acceptable to exceed the fair access policy.ā€.

1 Like

Fair enough.

So when the rules say ā€˜it may be acceptableā€™ the rules are not saying it is acceptable, only that it may be, but ommits to specify the specific circumstances. .

I am sure you dont fall into this category, but I suspect there are others out there who would potentially abuse that.

2 Likes