RAK7258 does always disconnect in TTN V3

Hello,
I tried to connect my RAK7258 exactly as described in the documentation: RAK7258 Supported LoRa Network Servers | RAKwireless Documentation Center
But it always disconnects within a second:
In the Gateway-System-Log it always says:

Could somebody help me with this error? I tried my best but didn’t find any mistake…
Thank you!

Does your gateway have an active and working connection to the Internet?

If you momentarily run it with the built-in server instead, does it stay up? That would validate that it isn’t an internal hardware problem.

You could try to get a larger view of the gateway log, what you’ve captured doesn’t show any reason for failure.

Yes it has active connection to the internet.

How can I run the built-in server?

Here is a larger view of the gateway log:

<Image of text removed as per forum guidelines - OP previously asked not to>

If a RAK gw has a built in NS this is simply enabled from the RAK web gui… and would place your gateway outside TTN and therefore out of scope for this forum. We are happy to help setting up on TTN, but if running stand alone you would then need to take questions to the RAK forum…

Hey htshusum,

Make sure in the Basic Station configuration that there are no hidden spaces before and after port number, URI etc - as this will through it off, also make sure you have wss:// at the beginning of the URI, such as wss://au1.cloud.thethings.network OR wss://eu1.cloud.thethings.network for example.

Also I am not sure if this is an error in the RAK guide but the the section for the Client Token looks wrong to me - but I am not sure of the consequence of the difference, I’ve seen it mentioned on another post (that spans few years for RAK):

I believe the Client Token section should be formatted like:
Authorization: Bearer NNSXS.xxxxxxxxxx//
instead of just:
Authorization: NNSXS.xxxxxxxxxx//

See if that helps, by pressing save/update I believe the Basics Station restarts - see what it then says in the TTN console after making this change.

Regards

Toby

1 Like

I’m seeing the same errors as @htshusum on my RAK7258. Months ago I moved my RAK7258 from TTN v2 to v3 (also switched from packet forwarder to basic station) and everything was working. Today I logged into TTN v3 to see my gateway disconnected with the same errors on the TTN console and the RAK7258 logs. Did TTN change something?

I tried switching from LNS to CUPS, same errors.
Switched to Packet Forwarder, now my RAK7258 connects to TTN v3.
No idea what broke with TTN Basic Station. Temporary outage? Certificate expired/changed?

1 Like

Found the problem, I had the wrong URI (server address). I was using nam1.cloud.thethings.network since I’m in North America. But it appears that currently the only server for authenticating Basic Station is eu1.cloud.thethings.network. I found this by looking at the TTN Console Overview webpage, at the bottom it lists all the servers you should use for your region and the Identity Server is eu1.cloud.thethings.network.

1 Like

CUPS works too. Just change the port to 443 and generate a new key for CUPS - Configuration and Update Server (CUPS) | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.