Raspberry Pi and Rak831 gateway show connected but not show in ttn mapper

I made my gateway with Raspberry PI and RAK831.
On the ttn console gateway show that it is connected and green light
However, in the ttn mapper it does not show up and every time I try to connect my
ttn Uno node to this gateway it failed with the message like " join accepted denied".
But … on the ttn gateway data console is show below

I think gateway is problem below message is when gateway start

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
##### 2019-04-12 02:04:36 GMT #####
### [UPSTREAM] ###
# RF packets received by concentrator: 2
# CRC_OK: 0.00%, CRC_FAIL: 100.00%, NO_CRC: 0.00%
# RF packets forwarded: 0 (0 bytes)
# PUSH_DATA datagrams sent: 1 (207 bytes)
# PUSH_DATA acknowledged: 100.00%
### [DOWNSTREAM] ###
# PULL_DATA sent: 6 (100.00% acknowledged)
# PULL_RESP(onse) datagrams received: 0 (0 bytes)
# RF packets sent to concentrator: 0 (0 bytes)
# TX errors: 0
### [GPS] ###
# GPS sync is disabled
##### END #####
INFO: [up] PUSH_ACK for server router.kr.thethings.network received in 66 ms
INFO: [down] for server router.kr.thethings.network PULL_ACK received in 64 ms
INFO: [down] for server router.kr.thethings.network PULL_ACK received in 64 ms
INFO: [down] for server router.kr.thethings.network PULL_ACK received in 64
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is no traffic from tracker nodes, your gateway will not appear on TTNmapper. So, if your node does not work (or it works, but you do not have an integration towards TTNmapper and use its app), and no others survey your area with a tracker, it will never appear on TTNMapper. It might appear on the TTN map.

Regarding the node, how close is to the gateway? Move it at least some meter away as first attempt. Secondly, if you have issues with OTAA, try ABP first.

EDIT: you do not connect a node to a gateway. You are using a gateway to join the network.

Apart from the lack of formatting, please do not dump text into a message without proper formatting. That looks perfectly alright. If you are referring to the CRC errors, those do not indicate an issue with the gateway, that is simply a sign some data (might be random noise) was received that does not pass a basic test.
The message in the console shows at least some traffic was received alright.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.