RaspberryPi3 + ic880a operation check

I have a raspberrypi3 + IMST ic880a running.
I registered it in the TTN console -> status connect and seems to be working ok.

? What is the expected value “last seen =” ?

Lora node can send messages to Gateway and I can see them coming in the TTN application console.

Problem = I can’t SSH to my raspberryPI (worked well before launching Gateway) and ping answers are missed 2/3 of the times.
Seems that the raspberry is very busy.

Is this normal behavior ? Should I normally be able to SSH?
If not how can I debug this?

thx

if your gateway is seen by the backend (registered) this value will increase from 0 to 30 seconds
so every 30 seconds there is contact with the 'mothership

OK thx,

But do you know that it’s normal that the raspberry is so busy that he can’t accept SSH and even misses a lot af ping answers?

I have no idea that this is normal behaviour or that something is not working optimal ?

• what else have you running
  • which OS
  • which forwarder

The RPi should have plenty of cycles to respond to ping and handle ssh. Are you using wired or wireless connectivity?

Plugged again my wired network RJ45 on Raspberry and after a 1 min I could ping and SSh both on the wired as wireless interface.
Unplugging the wired interface made pinging + SSH again impossible ??
Strange because the gateway seems to be working fine

Any ideas?

Looks like default route and dns could be pointing to the wrong interface. Are wired and wireless interface in the same subnet?

Yes 192.168.2.7/24 and 192.168.2.12/24 with Default Gateway= 192.168.2.1

Have you tried booting the RPi without RJ45 connection to force it to use wireless lan for networking?

Here is a image of the problem when I work via Wifi

If I plug in the ethernet cable then everything becomes normal, I can connect via SSH and diagnose looks normal. -> linux command ‘top’ shows normal CPU 1,5% load

I can also ping the wireless interface without any problem <1ms.

If I unplug the ethernet, I can’t ping or SSH the wireless interface anymore.
But strangly the Gateway seems to remain working; accepting and forwarding lora node traffic to the TTN backend and the Gatway seems normal in TTN portal + refresh connection

Any clues ?

Sorry Guys, changed and took sameSD card but different RP3i hardware and now everythings seems to be working fine.

Thx for your responses !!!