Re-register a TTIG

I am trying to register a TTIG that was previously registered to a different account. I am getting “Could not register gateway, a gateway with id … already exists”.

How can I work around this? Can someone that works for TTN purge it from some database?

Hello, I still need assistance with this. What do I do if the TTN console says a TTIG is already registered? I have the gateway with me if I need to somehow prove that I own it

Why are you posting in this topic with different user accounts?

You normally have to transfer ownership of an existing gateway to a different user account.
This has to be done from the gateway properties page in TTN Console from the user account that has initially registered the gateway.

My problem is that I don’t have access to the account that originally owned the gateway, I don’t think it exists anymore. There must be some way to re-register it? Is it just garbage now?

1 Like

Hello !
I just bought Indoor gateway. I have the same problem. When I try to regiter it appears message this gateway already exist. What should to do ?
Can not transfer from other ascount because it is new one.
Very strange

Hello !
How do you solve your problem with error: … can not register EUI xxxxx it already registered
I am talking about this indoor gateway
Thanks

Double double check that you have typed info correctly when registering - check esp 8 & B :wink: Can you post your EUI

I have checked several times the EUI ID.
It is 58 A0 CB 80 27 FF
According to the user manual I am changing it to 58 A0 CB FF FE 80 27 FF

I took a look how to setup the gateway from this website

My boss bought it from https://iot-shop.de/

Thank you that are spending your time in advance!

I can see that that specific EUI has been registered by a user ‘redorlik’ with the device showing as being at 56.38518011, 8.60180646 assuming the registration info is correct. This places it just north of Holstebro in Denmark. There does not appear to be a community close to there which might have made tracking down easier. Looking at the TTN Map there is no active or recent GW shown at that location so if it was ever there/online it was some time ago, perhaps it was sold, used, then returned to vendor - perhaps check with the vendor if genuine new stock. Unfortunately the noc.thethingsnetwork.org is now offline so I cant check if/when last seen or start hunting to see if it has been relocated without being updated wrt new location detais in registration. Forum user names are not always the same as TTN Account usernames but perhaps @redolik exists on the forum and can see this and will get in touch?! Where are you located? Did your boss try to register it? (you know management, they often cant resist the temptation!) …he’s not @redolik is he? :scream: If so he can add you as a collaborator and if needed transfer ownership…

I am from Bulgaria Town Sliven.
I am trying to register the Indoor Lora gateway.
My boss just bought it from Germany.
If I am understanding you correct I have options:

1. To return it to Germany ( very expenceive form me)
  2. To try get in touch with redolik and ask to transfer ownership.

It doesn’t sound funny .

Again thank you a lot that you are spending your time with my problems :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend!

Depending on what you need from your gateway depends on if this a real problem or an inconvenience.

If you plug in your TTIG and set it up on WiFi, because it is registered on TTN v2, it will do it’s job but you will not be able to see traffic on the web console. If you are debugging a device or troubleshooting a LoRaWAN deployment, then this will be a problem.

If you just need an active gateway, you can use it right now.

At some point in the near future the TTIG will be supported on the new v3 console and you will then be able to register it there and you will have access to all the facilities.

Yes. I will debug LoRaWan devices.
The other option is to build my LoRaWan gateway and my IoT server :slight_smile:
Just matter of free time.
In my opinion it is not normal to buy a device and to send me already used.
Then I can not registered it in this server.
Engineering work. Constantly should to solve problems :slight_smile:

Thank you!