Redeployed old Mikrotik gateway won't connect to TTN

Hi All, I have a gateway that I used a while ago for some prototyping. It ended up getting factory reset so I’m not trying to get it back online. Previously it was on the V2 network but now I’m assuming I’m setting it up on V3. Also, as I’m in NZ I have chosen the server au1.cloud.thethings.network

The setup seemed to go well, I can see traffic on the Gateway with all the messages from my devices showing a CRC status as OK. However, the TTN console shows a red dot and disconnected next to the gateway.

Frist step was to ping the gateway server from the Mikrotik terminal. The server name resolves to an IP but ping times out (I’m guessing they have blocked icmp).

Any ideas anyone has on how to determine where the problem lies?

[added]
Ran a packet sniff on my router and there’s definitely traffic between the TTN AU1 server and my gateway, so I think that rules out routing/firewall issues on my side. There is CG Nat also in the chain as we’re on Starlink, but the packets below seem to suggest that is not an issue.
ttn-sniff1

Solved - For those finding this later, the Gateway EUI in TTN console = Hardware ID in Mikrotik Lora device window. The Gateway ID in Mikrotik does not appear to map to anything when packets are forwarded.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.