Register Gateway already exist issue

Please format all logs/JSON/code with the </> tool

This is pretty explanatory - the gateway is already registered else where.

1. Is that your EUI?
  2. Did you register in a different instance of TTS?
  3. Why did you delete the gateway?

there is a gateway on the v2 cluster with that eui

did you register this gateway before

it is live and have reported a few min ago

Same problem i am facing. I already registered my gateway on one account. Just i deleted on my current TTN account and now i wanted to register it with another account. How i can do it ?

When i tried to register on my new account its shows me error like EUI is already register with another tenant account so i deleted gateway on previous account then again tried to register, still its showing same error. even i can’t able to see the gateway on previous account. How can i deal with this problem ?

“Like”? “Same”? Are you totally sure, if so, please post the messages, otherwise please read the second one out loud as that usually helps figure out the problem. Failing that, use the second error message to look at the page in the docs totally dedicated to this issue or use the text to search for the weekly posts on this subject.

Hi, i have similar issue: {
“code”: 6,
“message”: “error:pkg/identityserver:gateway_eui_taken (a gateway with EUI XXXXXXXXXX is already registered (by you or someone else) as concept01)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “pkg/identityserver”,
“name”: “gateway_eui_taken”,
“message_format”: “a gateway with EUI {gateway_eui} is already registered (by you or someone else) as {gateway_id}”,
“attributes”: {
“administrative_contact”: “lowrez”,
“gateway_eui”: “XXXXXXXXXXXX”,
“gateway_id”: “concept01”
},
“correlation_id”: “9f732a7775a2476cbd58b36aa95fcc72”,
“code”: 6
}
]
}
i suspect what one of my ex colleague create it under it’s personal account and i do not have an opportunity to get in touch with him. Is there any way to delete it over there so i can register it?

Did you try to contact him? If registered with a personal email a message will be sent to him using that if you try. Last seen on Forum around time of initial registration in Jan 22. Ask him to either set you as full collaborator (then you can remove him and retain ‘ownership’ yourself) or ask him to delete from his account then you can re-register - using a new Gateway ID; GW -EUI can be reused ok - at your leisure. Failing that if by personal account you mean an email address from your company/organisation that he had then next option is reach out to the TTI core team using TTN Slack on #support channel (none of the forum volunteers have account/database access!) and make a request, being ready to prove ownership if neccessary. Do not provide email details in the open - you will be asked to provide these by private message once contact established. :slight_smile: Note no need to mask GW EUI - this is public domain info in operation. I believe its 7076FF0056050A20 and GW is currently offline. If you power it up and ensure connected to the 'Net we should see it come back online - a way of showing you have control of the GW - even if not legitimate legal ownership! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation!!! honestly i do not have a clue what account he were using, he was playing around with it during his thesis work and i have no his personal contacts. I have a purchase documents for this GW, and i’m going to turn it on in a couple of minutes. i’ll try out with the TTI core team.

put user name in serach (top right this page!) and then use the “message” button - if he used a college address (doing Thesis?!) which he no longer has then no go, but as stated

Note forum volunteers and TTI core team like people who demonstrate they have helped themselves :wink: No harm giving it a try… obviously you may have to wait a reasonable time for him to respond…

Great - invaluable when/if you do contact the TTI team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again, I wrote a message to him (seems like he is not using it since a long time). Just one more favouour, could u please check if u can see now GW online? i just powered it on and i can see it active on it’s dashboard.

Just checked and looks to be offline:

https://mapper.packetbroker.net/api/v2/gateways/netID=000013,tenantID=ttn,id=concept01

Can you see in local GW console/dashboard what server it is pointing at? (eu1.cloud…?)

Thanks, i’m already get a support from TTN, they released my GW and i registered it successfully, and can see the data coming from it on TTN console!

1 Like