Register Gateway already exist issue

Hello,

I am unable to create a gateway using STM32 P-Nucleo-LRWAN2 module. It is showing already exists. Please help.

This is the error which I am receiving.
{
“code”: 6,
“message”: “error:pkg/identityserver/store:id_taken (ID already taken, choose a different one and try again)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “pkg/identityserver/store”,
“name”: “id_taken”,
“message_format”: “ID already taken, choose a different one and try again”,
“correlation_id”: “21292fabb0a94e2e9e347f5ed09977e1”,
“cause”: {
“namespace”: “pkg/identityserver/bunstore”,
“name”: “already_exists”,
“message_format”: “already exists”,
“correlation_id”: “cbaf20c8d8e344549b3f37f8ca1101ef”,
“code”: 6
},
}
]
}

It tells you everything you need to do in the message, please format it with the </> tool.

This is part of what you need to know, the other part isn’t such good news I’m afraid.

The STM32 P-Nucleo-LRWAN2 has an issue that prevents it being able to use the full power range that it should do as a proper gateway - so your experience with devices may be impacted and it may well impact other TTN users in the area, so if you can setup your own stack that would be preferable.

2 Likes

Hello,
Thank you for the response.

I couldn’t understand the solution suggested by you. Could you please elaborate a bit?

Also why is it telling ID already taken?

Erm….perhaps because that Gateway ID has already be used by someone else? :thinking: !

If you chose something a bit obvious or potentially chosen by someone else there is always a chance that you will clash…… avoid things like “myttngw” or “nucleogw” etc. and think of something more around your personal or organisations needs or location based e.g. nsplnucleogw1 or northfarmgw22 or whatever. You can also go with a default of using eui-‘gweuicode’. Personally I find a list of eui impenetrable beyond a few gws so depends on your ambitions for number of gws :wink: I use a form of ‘org-type-general_locale’ etc. e.g. g-s3-testgw012-laird-sl3 tells me a lot from a quick scan down a list

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you so much for the solution. I have set a different gateway id as suggested by you and now I am able to connect with the things network server.
This worked for me.
-Regards

I’m not sure I can - the ID you want to use is already taken and you need to choose a different one - the error message really does say it all.

I understood this part and tried likewise. I was able to do it. Thank you for the help.
-Regards

Hello,
I do have the same problem:

{
  "code": 6,
  "message": "error:pkg/identityserver/store:id_taken (ID already taken, choose a different one and try again)",
  "details": [
    {
      "@type": "type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails",
      "namespace": "pkg/identityserver/store",
      "name": "id_taken",
      "message_format": "ID already taken, choose a different one and try again",
      "correlation_id": "17c835df6c4c4963bb16cf312d4e0028",
      "cause": {
        "namespace": "pkg/identityserver/bunstore",
        "name": "already_exists",
        "message_format": "already exists",
        "correlation_id": "9dcb0470e85543a5933dc95e331f12d3",
        "code": 6
      },
      "code": 6
    }
  ]
}```

What can i do?

Follow what the error message tells you! …and then try again…
…and learn to make use of Forum search :wink:

Or just read the thread that you found for the problem as the issue may be solved with instructions etc

Isn’t the ID MAC based?

Did you read the thread above?

It could be if EUI derived and if the EUI is MAC based…system will potentially autopopulate a name (Gateway ID) based on EUI and if that has been registered before then it will tell you the ID has been used already. Gateway ID can be overwritten with a convenient name of your choosing…

…as Nick says PLEASE read the thread and if needed search…

Simply put Gateway EUI =/= Gateway ID unless you set it thus!

Thank you all for your Responds. I was confused about it.
Now it worked to add.

Thank you so mouch!

I am Also facing the same issue:
I had created the device and deleted it as I wanted to do some changes and Re-added it. Now I am unable to add it back.

Scroll up and read the thread - the answers are all over the forum as this is a common question.

hye Mr Heramban, I am facing the same issue as you now. Have you already know how to solve this issue?

And what do the comments/clues in the thread above his/her/their post tell you, along with Forum search (top right of page) …

Can you be specific on the problem you are seeing and any comments in any error messages, and how this is beyond what we have seen before and widely commented on across the forum (inc in this thread) so we might step up and assist if it is a new problem and your own research and reading hasn’t resolved?

This is the post directly above yours - that was the answer last time, same answer this time!

hiii sorry i didt realize that it was replied, really appreciated it. I have new problem after deleted the gateway.
{
“code”: 6,
“message”: “error:pkg/identityserver:gateway_eui_taken_in_other_tenant (a gateway with EUI A840411BD8FC4150 is already registered in another tenant)”,
“details”: [
{
@type”: “type.googleapis.com/ttn.lorawan.v3.ErrorDetails”,
“namespace”: “pkg/identityserver”,
“name”: “gateway_eui_taken_in_other_tenant”,
“message_format”: “a gateway with EUI {gateway_eui} is already registered in another tenant”,
“attributes”: {
“gateway_eui”: “A840411BD8FC4150”
},
“correlation_id”: “54a142fc086e427d95168f1894dffc1c”,
}
]
}