Registered Arduino MKR failed auth

Hi,
I begin in Lora and TTN in France. I buy a Gateway RG186 Europe (it’s work) and I try to make my first end device; I would like in the futur write article on it
So I buy a MKR 1310 for easy start .
I folowed official doc https://docs.arduino.cc/tutorials/mkr-wan-1310/the-things-network
I updated firmware to 1.2.3 with MKR libray (v1 not v2)
I create node point like website say :

I past EUI motherboard in DevEUI
App EUI 0000000000000000

But… Something wrong. The serial not success initialize/send message (“Something went wrong”).
The gateway and node in the same room.
Gateway receive signal in log.
What I miss ?

Thanks to all !

LoRaWAN is for long distances. By placing the end device too close to the gateway you are overloading receiver circuits when the other one is transmitting. Make sure there is at least 5 meters and preferably a wall between the gateway and the end device.

When posting pictures, make sure to size the properly to enable forum users to read what is in there.

Did you also make sure the order of the DevEUI is correct (should it start with AB? Or is that A8? I can’t read the screenshot at 100% and when zooming the text becomes blurry)
And did you enter the correct AppKey on the device? (Or copy it from the device to the console)

That would be excellent if you make sure you get things right. There are too many articles out there that work for the person that wrote it but only because (s)he was lucky, not because its correct. Make sure you understand the fundamentals of LoRaWAN and build on that.

1 Like

Hi @kersing ,
Thanks you for answer and you’re adwise. Don’t worry, I don’t wanted write now. That’s why I’m here, to learn, to have good intel from the source , the good way ! In France we don’t have french text on Lora for begginer to start, that why I want to help !
The gateway is in 6m with a wall stone. I move in garage just in case.
The size is good on my screen PC sorry if is too big. I suppose your read me on smartphone ?

The device ask when start AppEUI and Key ; I copy/past from website directly (without space)
This is the serial console :

Welcome to MKR WAN 1300/1310 first configuration sketch
Register to your favourite LoRa network and we are ready to go!
Your module version is: ARD-078 1.2.3
Please make sure that the latest modem firmware is installed.
To update the firmware upload the 'MKRWANFWUpdate_standalone.ino' sketch.
Your device EUI is: a8610a33343a7d15
Are you connecting via OTAA (1) or ABP (2)?
Enter your APP EUI
Enter your APP KEY
Something went wrong; are you indoor? Move near a window and retry

I copy/past EUI for limit error keyboard.

The gateway say :

Join EUI : 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 DevEUI : A8 61 0A 33 34 3A 7D15 Data rate SF7BW125 SNR : 10.2 RSSI -54

The end node :

Any idee ?
Thanks you

I would start by using Nick – Create random EUI or Key to create your EUI and keys.

You can use the same EUI for the AppEUI and DevEui.

All zeros is not a good idea in my opinion.

Also what code are you using? Some require your EUI in MSB and others in LSB

If you see data in the gateway part of the console, but not the application part there are a number of things that could be wrong:

• EUIs do not match. As the gateway traffic shows them you can easily compare with the setting of the node. In this case DevEUI in the gateway traffic does not match DevEUI in your screen shot so that is the first thing to correct.
  • AppKey does not match. To debug this you need to re-enter the key TTN shows on your device or the key the device shows on TTN.
  • Your join request does not use one of the accepted join frequencies. For EU868 it should use 868.1, 868.3 or 868.5 MHz.

As I needed to check something related, I’ve just tried the tutorial with a fresh out the box MKRWAN1310 - using all zero’s works for the App/JoinEUI.

The end-node screen shot shows a totally different DevEUI than the one that the device reports, so that will be your mis-match. The DevEUI isn’t even a TTI one so I’m not sure where it came from.

hi there i try the example and diditn work with old library i just use the
#include <MKRWAN_v2.h>

LoRaModem modem;

but i register the device like and generic one, not arduino mk1310 just manualy and just work, ill making testing about a few weeks and still sending messanges

PD: i update firmware MKRWAN_v2

Hi @arebolledo ,
I try few day with v2 and I have “Error sending message :(” that why I use v1.
Can you confirm you setup ?
LoraWAN Specification (I’m in 1.0.2)
Regional parameter version

Are you on EU868 ?
Thanks

Given that the v2 is marked as beta (still, many years on) and sort of requires updating the Murata firmware which then creates a semi-random unofficial DevEUI and, most importantly, as there is nothing wrong with the tutorial you are using which I know for a fact because I tried it, I’d strongly recommend you stick with v1.

Did you actually read any of the responses above:

From the evidence to hand, entering the correct DevEUI for which you’ll have to setup a new device and ensuring you aren’t overloading the device’s receiver by having it too close to the gateway may yield something close to instant success.

Alternatively you could try the beta v2 software with it’s iffy DevEUI …

I actualy working 5 boards with v2 i working with sensors sd card and not flaws as i like ussualy i make a routine of retrying and 3 atemps to conect but i dublle check debui appui and apkui other thing is payload i alwais settings too Even just default string decode i’m working with 915 AU when conect is working all ok

Thanks you for answer.
@descartes. I heard, Like I say, I move antenna and I retry with new APIP EUI and there the same in my test. I try multiple setting before asking here…
Finaly, I sucess to registred with v2 library and now it’s work good with v1, just I not sure why…
I have now a good base to start learning… !
Thanks you to all for hepling me.

And we would know this how?

If you try new things, it’s up to you to tell us what you tried & what the results were so you can save the volunteers that are answering your questions spinning their wheels with other suggestions.

Please consider this with any other questions you have - tell us as much as you can - aka everything - we can than help you faster.