RHF76-052 HACKED ;o)

Hi
If you want to run the RHF76-052 with LMIC based software you can find out how here
http://iotbyskovholm.dk/?q=content/rhf76-052-lora-module

Best regards
Hjalmar

4 Likes

Quite nice actually. So 8 kB RAM and 64 kB flash. I think LMIC will actually (just barely) run on 2 kB of RAM.

Reminds me a bit of the ESP8266, which started out as a separate WiFi module with serial “AT” interface, but now allows you to run your own firmware directly on the module. Would be especially cool if someone made a board like the Wemos D1 mini with it, so with a built-in USB-serial and voltage regulator.

On AliExpress, I see these modules for about E9,- (with shipping).

For AT commands (which it does as shipped) or for a boot loader to flash the device?

Yes, for a bootloader to flash it / communicate with it over USB, to make it even easier to use for lazy people like myself :slight_smile: I don’t have much experience working with these modules with “castellated” connections.

Hi, I was working with this module for a long time. Unfortunately for me, the bootloader was always locked and I couldn’t flash it. I had to reflow new STM32 chip to make it working.

1 Like

It looks like @skovholm programmed it through the SWD pins. At least I can see an STLINK programmer in the backgound the first picture in his link (the pink device). Could still be flash-locked though, but apparently his wasn’t. Doesn’t look like he replaced the STM32, or maybe he did a very clean solder job.

Hi
I did flash it trough swd without any problem
Hjalmar

1 Like