See properties of received RF messages

Hi all, I’m new to this forum and have a question, that may have been asked 1000 times, so this may be 1001. Running a RasPi + ic800a concentrator, how can I see the properties of the RF packets received, like rssi, snr, content. I see a lot of chatter in the system log - too much for me -, but not what I ask for.

if you have a RasPi + concentrator running you know what the console is
you can only see that decoded from your own applications/devices off course

Sure, but I would like to see the information like rssi and SNR of the incoming packets, evenif I cannot decrypt the payload.

then have a look in the console under your gateway / traffic

console%20gw%20traffic

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve seen that place. The problem is, that I receive a lot of packages with bad CRC, which are not forwarded. So I’m interested to lok at these locally. I know that I can enable forwarding, but why float the network with that traffic?

exactly

They may be at the edge of reception, or they may be LoRa (non -WAN) packets. I get a lot in west london:

(I say a lot :slight_smile: I mean the ratio of bad to good is high).

That’s what I guess too. Using a LoPy as single channel gateway, They show up as LORA coded packets with rssi levels of about -130 dBm, which is surely too low for a SF7BW125 coding. But still I’m interested to see that.

I know there are a lot of Lora - not just LoRaWAN - packets floating around to west of London from multiple IoT installations done by various companies over the last 4/5 years & makers/hobbyists, plus west of London distributors & sellers of LoRa chips (with demo systems etc.), modules, and LoRa products depending on location/elevation of GW its poss that Xmissions from further up the Thames Valley & elsewhere are being detected but not satisfactorily being decoded if on extreme fringe of viable reception.

1 Like

reading through the board I found something usefulf for my purpose:
tcpdump on port 1700.