Send data back to lorawan sensor node

I am trying to figure out how to Send data back to lorawan node. I have read on the forums here that it would need to be a response to a poll. That would be perfect but how do I do this? is there any examples on how to set this up? I have been googling on this topic but I am not finding much.

My nodes are being used to collect garden data (Soil Moister, Soil Temperature, Air temp and Humidity), plus they will control a irrigation valve. I have the garden data piece working, but what I need to do is sometimes to adjust the time sprinkler runs or if it needs to run.

You enter a downlink in the device console page. It will be received after an uplink.

Given that downlink capacity is very limited, and unreliable, the first thing you should do is to try very hard to make this behavior autonomous.

Next, if you do put downlink capability in, only allow the downlink to modify - but not completely override - the autonomous behavior.

In particular, don’t build anything so simple as a “valve open” command - at most, build a “valve open for n minutes” which will be self-deactivating.

But really better still would be to alter some “goal” setting of a routine that already runs all by itself - in effect, put the autonomous rule into “low”, “medium” or “high” - or a corresponding numeric value.

But basically, look at it from the perspective that it needs to be okay if at any point in time it permanently stops hearing from the network - it needs to surive on its own until someone can physically go there to fix things.

In my console I see Application and Gateway, I do not see a device console. I am some what new to this aspect. So I am not understanding what you are meaning.

This will be autonomous, but depending on weather conditions I may tell it to change the run length or to tell it run at a different hour or even not run today. I expect these download commands would be infrequent.

First open your Application. There you’ll see a menu item for Devices.