Sensoterra Multi depth soil moisture sensor

Hi All,

has anybody bought these sensors as a stand alone product and been able to use it on TTN?

Would be interested to hear your feedback on their ease of use and robustness of repeated moving over a season or two.

cheers
Paul

Hi @Paul_Stewart, my colleagues and I are using these, and others, to support intensive farming of root crops. A few comments:

Use them “…stand alone…”? We have used them to the Sensoterra analytics platform which goes via a pre-provisioned Sensoterra application on the TTN core. We have not used them on our own application on the TTN core and doing the payload decoding and integration ourselves.

For real stand alone use on our own application and our own integration to our own choice of analytics platform we use other manufacturers, e.g. Tektelic.

Root crops are grown in soft soil and the Sensoterra seems to be reliable for this. I would not attempt to hammer a long thin probe like the multi-depth Sensoterra into hard stony soil.

Thanks for the feedback, will try to find an Australian supplier.

If we were able to go our own way with a TTN application, I’m not sure how we would handle the soil calibration if they weren’t willing to share those

Cheers
Paul