I’ve put together a stackable shield for Wemos D1 (Esp8266). In combination with the following
one can easily realize solar powered nodes. Simply stack a Wemos D1, WeMos-Lora shield and my “GreenLeaf”.
some of the features of my board are:
- JST-PH2 connectors for LiPo and Solar Panel
- INA219 current and voltage monitoring of supply battery (accessible via i2c)
- brown out detection with KA75330. can be used or not with the help of a jumper
- MCP73871 optimizes solar charging and takes care of over voltage, under voltage protection, smart load sharing and battery temperature monitoring
- i2c access via pin headers: either via +, -, SCL, SDA or -,+,SCL,SDA (reverse polarity because different manufacturers use different standards. in case you want to add displays, sensors or other stuff)
Let me hear what you think. If somebody is interested in building it, i will publish the schematic and everything that is needed (gerber, etc…).
Next will be a single board integrating all those features mentioned above but with the ESP32