[SOLVED] TTGO T-Beam with OLED and BME280

Hi to all ! … is there anybody her who installed a BME280 additionally with the OLED ? I would like to add the environmental sensor to my Paxcounter Node (its esp32 TTGO T-Beam) that also has the OLED display on the I2C connectors (3V, Gnd and SCL SDA) … during installation i followed up the installation manual, but cannot finish my work. Sure, OLED is fine and working, but how to add the sensor to my node ? Thanks for helping me ! (german language preferred, english is fine, too)

// its integrated into the software from ESP32-paxcounter – i know – but i am searching for a dummy-howto … :frowning:

Add these lines to ttgobeam.h

// BME280 sensor on I2C bus
#define HAS_BME 1
#define HAS_BME280 GPIO_NUM_21, GPIO_NUM_22
#define BME280_ADDR 0x76

connect BME280 -> TBeam
SCK -> GPIO22
SDI -> GPIO21
SDO -> GND
GND -> GND
VDD -> 3V3

1 Like

physically add my sensor in parallel mode to my display ?
as mentioned 22 and 21 are already in use for OLED

yes, parallel. You should read how a I2C bus is working.

2 Likes

… oky … .i will read and learn … i am not so deep with all this stuff today … thanks for your patience (y) –

some I2C background info / tutorials , maybe usefull :sunglasses:

1 Like

I got it ! Thanks for your help and friendly support ! I am not sure about my initial mistakes but today in the morning i started another try from zero – new folder from github and complete new edit of all necessary files — cleaned up, compiled and transferred ---- THANKS AGAIN !

19%2C%2010%2033%2016

3 Likes

Do you have an example of a sketch to connect a Ttgo t-beam to The Things network?

He is using the paxcounter code from here: https://github.com/cyberman54/ESP32-Paxcounter

1 Like

I am do the same steps as what you said. Could you please tell me what new edit of all necessary files about BME280 sensor?? Did you do something in ‘src/paxcounter.conf’ Or any other changes? Thank you.

this was the most important addition in the ttgobeam.h file … before i did a download of all newest files from the github directory

// BME280 sensor on I2C bus
#define HAS_BME 1
#define HAS_BME280 GPIO_NUM_21, GPIO_NUM_22
#define BME280_ADDR 0x76

Thank you! I don’t know what’s wrong before. But it seems like it works now after I edit the file again from zero, Thank you very much.

perfect ! good work dude ! (whatever was wrong … who knows)