On the Mikrotik gateway
I see only Join-Request in the Lora Traffic log
under the udp packet forwarder I see;

• Valid RX Count: 1071
  • RX Forwarded: 1071
  • ACK Percentage: 99
  • Downlinks: 0
  • TX Count: 0

I conclude Join Request flows through gateway, ends under my devices in the Application on TTN - but devices are newer fully registered and therefore I newer start receiving data

Registered using Device Repository or manually?

Can you confirm all keys correct?

What is the distance between your gateway and nodes?

Can you show what you see on the TTN Console?

Gateway is between 10m and 50m between the 3 sensors and the gateway. 2 Sensors are indoor together with Gateway, one is outside (50 m)

Gateway is equip with 6DB Omni antenna - MikroTik Routers and Wireless - Products: 868 Omni antenna
The Mikrotik has been set to 6DB antenna gain.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 09.33.37
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 09.32.47
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 09.34.54

@Jeff-UK I took a few screenshots on how I registered the nodes, I used Device Repository

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 09.37.27

I would defiantly make sure there is a brick wall and 10m between the gateway and node, to me it looks like your RSSI is to high.

Your sensor registration looks fine at the moment. First get the RSSI down and them to join.

I will move one of the sensors aprox 1000m away

Included is screenshots from Lora traffic as seen from Mikrotik GW

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 10.59.47
Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.00.03

You could just that 4 bricks and stack them on top of each other and put the node behind it, brick wall done.

You want -65 to -110 for the RSSI.

Bit of a pain to drive 1000m to the node each time.

Perhaps I should remove the external antenna and use the built-in 2 dBi antenna, I’m really just trying to have indoor sensors anyways.

Yes to that - prove GW/node combination works correctly 1st then look at ant improvements - 6dbi at the upper end of what I would ever consider - 'cause…well forum search helps! If you are only working with local nodes closer to isotropic pattern works best for allround coverage…

Lots of GW join requests but no join-accepts seen at the GW or in console? Suggests registration problem - have you applied the correct AppKeys as provided by Browan?

What RSSI/SNR levels are you actually seeing? GW & Devices set to same freq plan? RX2 on?? RX 1/2 delay set at ??

Internal antenna is now in use and lowered RSSI to -70

Still I only see loads of Join-Request

Please double check your keys.

I took a picture of the back of one of the sensors, I will upload pictures from the registration proces. Hopes this will help - catch my errors

I wrote Join / Dev EUI as written on the back of devices, I pressed Generate on the AppKey

I will create a second device but swapping Join / Dev EUI even though I pretty sure that I read Browan manual correct

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 14.22.29

1st is App Eui (Join EUI) 2nd is Dev EUI…what is also critical is the AppKey - keep that obscured but double double check you have that right - it will be unique to each device, make sure you havent swapped between devices :wink:

The key needs to match what is coded into the device.

Ah that wont help as you then need to programme that into the device! They come with a key pre-assigned - usually on a slip of paper! :wink: If you find it simply go in and edit and save changes…hopefully LNS will then recognise your device…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.