This is a cross-post of an incident on our Packet Broker status page.
It will be updated automatically.
Scheduled: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 11:00:00 +0100 until 12:00:00 +0100
Resolved: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:27:43 +0100
- Europe (eu): Operational
- Control Plane (cp.packetbroker.net): Operational
- North America (nam): Operational
- IAM (iam.packetbroker.net): Operational
- Asia-Pacific (apac): Operational
Posted: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:56:53 +0100
We will be updating Packet Broker so use a new device activation flow. This device activation looks up the Home Network of the device based on the LoRaWAN JoinEUI (a.k.a. AppEUI) and DevEUI.
Impact for users:
- The Things Stack Cloud and The Things Stack Community Edition: no impact
- The Things Stack Enterprise: upgrade to version 3.16.0 or higher and contact The Things Industries support to register your deployment as Join Server
- The Things Stack Open Source: upgrade to version 3.16.0 or higher and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your deployment as Join Server
- Other LoRaWAN Network Server users: no impact, but you can now register your Join Server with Packet Broker if you use one or more. Please contact email@example.com to register Join Servers
Currently, Packet Broker routes LoRaWAN join-requests to potentially many Home Networks. This is not scalable as the number of Home Networks increase. Therefore, we disabled device activations to newly onboarded Home Networks for performance reasons.
This update allows device activations with all Home Networks, providing that Packet Broker can lookup the Home Network. In the LoRaWAN ecosystem, this lookup should be provided by a Join Server through LoRaWAN Backend Interfaces. Packet Broker now supports this lookup with LoRaWAN Backend Interfaces 1.0 and 1.1. Join Servers must be registered at Packet Broker for this lookup, and hence device activations, to work.
Posted: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 09:51:43 +0100
Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Posted: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:27:43 +0100
The scheduled maintenance has been completed.