Switching from US915 to AU915 through firmware only?

I’ve just purchased the US915 version of a Dragino GPS Tracker by mistake.
Model LGT-92-LI-US915

Anyone familiar with this sensor? Can I switch it to AU915 by uploading the latest firmware for AU915 using an ST-Link V2?
http://www.dragino.com/downloads/index.php?dir=LGT_92/firmware/v1.6.0/

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Should not be a problem. Frequencies are close so antenna tuning should not be an issue.

1 Like

Thanks, Jac.

I got a response from Dragino stating that the hardware is identicial for the AU915 and US915. So I need an ST-Link V2 to follow the firmware upgrade steps.

For the benefit of anyone who finds this thread, it did work.
The PDF I found regardihg the firmware upgrade was a bit inaccurate but the youtube video that it referenced showed the correct process.

I now have a Dragino LGT-92-LI-AU915 through firmware flashing.

Just needed a few Male-to-male jumper cables along with the ST-link V2 USB adaptor and the ST-link Windows software to flash the firmware.

1 Like

Hi tmugan

I’m also trying to get another firmware on the LGT-92. But i can’t get any connection to the LGT.
Do you have a link or so for the correct pinout and flashing method? i try the manual on the webpage of dragino and other stuff on the web.
how are the correct settings in the ST-Link Software?
I was able to successfully update the firmware on the ST-Link/V2, so i think the usb-driver was correctly installed on win10.

thanks for any help

pat