<tenant-id> for Community accounts in AWS Integration stack

Hello:

I was looking at AWS Integration Deployment guide, and it requires the Cloud address, following this schema:
..cloud.thethings.industries

However, in my case (v3 community free account) there is no such , so I only have the rest. Is this for paid accounts? If so, does AWS integration still works without this ?

Thanks
Gus

1 Like

Maybe try the default tenant ID ttn.

In the case of https://eu1.cloud.thethings.network/ the tenant is actually https://ttn.eu1.cloud.thethings.network/

I tried au1.cloud.thethings.network (no https or anything) but the lambda functions failed with an identity server error, so I tried eu1.cloud.thethings.network and it partly works… I’d be interested to know if that works for you?

Having the same problem and can not find the tenant id… :frowning:

@eudo1111 welcome to this forum.
Sadly it is not explicit mentioned in the documentation, but after a good afternoon trying and reading this forum I found the issue. The Community version runs on eu1.cloud.thethings.network the Commercial stacks are running on {tenant-id}.eu1.cloud.thethings.industries. After changing to the right URL I could use the CLI and API as described in the documentation.
Kind regards,
Leo.

1 Like

@leo_korbee
So we need to migrate to commercial version in order to integrate TTN with AWS IoT? Due to the reason that the community version doesn’t provide the tenant-id and the commercial version does? I am trying to integrate TTN and Aws IoT using the guide provided on Deployment Guide | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN
and is stucked in the part where i need to provide the tenant-id on aws console.

Migrate to use AWS - not that I’m aware.

Community version has a tenant-id!

The answer is given a few posts above.

Hello @mainaliayush2007,
I did not tried AWS integration yet, but I guess you can use eu1.cloud.thethings.network as tenant-id for the community version as Nick mentioned.

1 Like

That’s not the Tenant ID - it’s written clearly above, scroll up and read. Free hint, last hint for May, it’s three letters, starts with T and ends with N.

1 Like

That adres is not registered at the name-server at a authoritative nameserver of cloud.thethings.network:
Output of nslookup (especially last 4 lines)

I guess AWS also cannot contact the service/API at The Things Stack.

There is nothing to do with the Tenant ID and a domain name so this is totally irrelevant.

Hello @leo_korbee I found out that there is a different approach to follow for integrating the community edition and the tenant ID is not required for that. I was able to deploy the AWS CloudFormation using the guide provided on Deployment Guide | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN
I am unable to deploy the AWS Cloudformation Stack according to the API key permission mentioned in the guide provided my ttn, After I gave all permissoin to my API key and then only i was able to deploy it. Also i couldn’t see the device shadow of the things in AWS after completing the step.

P.S. I am in Australia and i want to use au1.cloud.thethings.network.

That is a choice you can make in one of the drop down boxes during deployment.

To help clarify, if you are using the Community Edition, be sure to select that (and not the Cloud or Enterprise option) and also choose the correct AWS region before clicking the big blue Deploy button. When you take this route, the cluster address is just a drop-down menu, rather than a string that you have to fill in manually.

It may not be obvious that “Cloud,” “Enterprise,” and “Community” are actually selection buttons that will change the rest of the screen and the deployment options. Selecting the AWS region is a little more obvious, but be sure you set both of them correctly.

Once in AWS, the Cluster address is a drop-down menu, not a text field:

2 Likes