The BARGAIN basement part 2

a cheap one :wink:

I would say: go for the original. The Wemos d1 mini is so dirt cheap even there, that this way you thank them for their development work by making sure they at least earn some money from the sale of the hardware.

5 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this recommendation :+1:, like many Aliexpress customers I often go for the cheapest (but reliable) webstore. However the Wemos clones were one of the few items that gave me issues. This seems mostly related to the “power” (LDO?) part of the boards leading to spontaneous reboots where the real Wemos boards would run flawlessly. Also “accessories” like SD-cards gave me issues when using clones. Don’t try to go cheap here just to save a few bucks, you will loose the saved money in terms of exasperation later.

@ piair & @ Batilan

I understand your valid point(s), support for designers and quality, however this is not a ‘moral’ topic but the BARGAIN basement, I’m sorry :innocent: but everybody can make that choice for him/her self.
Same for buying in China or here in the local (web)shop, building a RPI gateway or buy the TTN gateway and support the hard work.

Hi BoRRoZ,

I agree about the ‘moral’ part, however we wouldn’t be doing this great topic justice by posting (m)any bargains of (known) inferior quality. But of course we can start a new topic “Don’t buy these bargains from the BARGAIN basement” for this :wink: One thing I know is we shouldn’t keep on discussing this in this topic :blush:

1 Like

agree … if something is a really bad product it should be mentioned, even if it is a 'bargain

No worries as far as I’m concerned. The question was about recommendations, I was just giving mine.
It is the bargain basement after all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

still waiting for the receiver module :wink:

wrist panic button
emergency call button

Very true. One of the reasons that I posted my question here was that I have had one to many spontaneous failures. The last time was a d1 mini where the power part just broke leading to no longer being able to power from its usb and one doa.

1 Like

$5.91 incl. shipping

1 Like

Pycom is now shipping their MicroPython OEM modules around the ESP32 microcontroller (with 4MiB RAM!) + LoRa for €15.95 (min order 10 units)

2 Likes

US $11.09 incl. shipping

1 Like

bargain???

from germany > http://stores.ebay.de/JWS-Store/Solarmodul-/_i.html?_ipg=48&_fsub=134780819

1 Like

This is one pretty outdoors antenna for a decent price: https://wifx.net/shop/lora/1292-lora-outdoor-antenna-415-dbi-ip65.html

1 Like

Here is another good quality 868MHz antenna for a good price. -

:+1:

2 Likes

Anyone got a bargain for LoraWAN pulse transmitters (for meter reading) that can be easily procured in Benelux/North-West Europe?

I know it’s really easy to build one yourself, but it’s for a professional project and I really don’t want to be the guy who has to go check it out when a node stops working :wink: .

As an integrator of the pulse sensor and provider of the solution you would have to go there anyway.

1 Like