The LIBRARY basement part 11

Workshop: digital trust infrastructure NL

team

Yeh but its ‘New’ Edge - i.e. Chrome/Chromium derivative right? :wink: (Linux a natural fit I guess)

Actinius
Developed by Dutch startup, Actinius, the Icarus IoT Board retails for around $100.

browan-2020

:+1:

More space junk, collision risk and unwanted stellar occlusions …? Or move to ubiquitous global comms bypassing state censorship or local telco monopoly (ok with latency given round tripping time… not so good for rural gamers;-) )? I guess view will vary with own perspective…

From the article:

At a recent ESTEC event, Mark McCaughrean, senior advisor for Science & Exploration at the European Space Agency, asked attendees to ponder who actually “owned” the night sky amid plans by billionaires to spray Earth orbit with tens of thousands of satellites.

A week later the retraction PR comes out:

“…err, sorry guys my bad…turns out it was actually the transit and occlusion of a StarLink/Fossa-Madrid/Lacuna/other < delete as appropriate! > microsatellite in Low Earth Orbit…” :rofl: (see last post)

Hi @Jeff-UK,

I doubt if this is a reality. SpaceX uses very tight spot beams to create coverage. The spot beams will be turned off when passing over territories where SpaceX does not have a licence to provide service.

Countries like China, Russia, et. al. will simply not grant licences for the service or the end equipment and would seriously interfere with any attempt to provide service without a licence.

Sponsor-level members

Amazon [US]
Netze BW GmbH [Germany]

Contributor-level members are eligible to participate in all committee work and have voting rights at the committee level.

Arduino SA [Switzerland]
Dish Network [US]
Intel [US]
Interlink Electronics [US]
Paige Wireless LLC [US]
Tata Communications [India]
Thingstream AG [Switzerland]
Unitymedia NRW GmbH [Germany]