The Things Network Data Storage Integration - Authentication issue

Just posting here so that if others run into the same issue, you’ll find something on the forum to help you :slight_smile:

I spotted the new “The Things Network Data Storage” integration feature and tried to set it up.

At first I tried to use it from the swagger API documentation / console ( https://{yourAppName}.data.thethingsnetwork.org/#/ )

I’m familiar with swagger and knew that I need to use the authentication box at the top right.
This said “ttn-account” so, being new to TTN, I assumed it wanted my TTN Account name.

However, using my TTN Account name produced 401 - Not authorised.

What I should have used is an Application Access Key.

This will probably be obvious to many of you “old hands”, but I hope I’ve helped anyone who, like me, isn’t familiar with Access Keys, or who don’t know that Access Keys all start with “ttn-account…”

1 Like

Did you find a solution?
I got the same problem.

Edit:
I found the solution:
In the application overview add the bottom of the page you can find the acces keys. If you copy those it wil work.

Sorry!

Considering I posted this with the sole purpose to help other people make this work, I probably should have mentioned where to locate the Application Access Key from!

Just so you know, from that “Application Overview” screen you can click on “Manage keys” and create a new access key that you can use for accessing the Data Store.
This way if the key gets out you can revoke the key without changing anything else that is using application access keys.

Thanks for the answer, I had the same problem but never scrolled down far enough to find the ttn-… access key! Now I will have to try how I can get my data in another way. Using the Request URL in my browser still gives me the Not Authorized response.