The Things Node - stuck with red light after upload failed

Hi,

I attempted to upload one of the sketches to my uno, however it failed and the uno now powers up with a solid red light. I’ve attempted to reset using the guides found on here but still no joy.

I’m as far as the red light fading in and out but, I can’t get beyond this. Nothing will upload

Has anyone had this issue before, can anyone confirm the correct settings I require in the 'board and processor" to ensure all correct. its a standard TTN node.

Many thanks

So, is it a The Things Node or a The Things Uno (which is NOT an Arduino Uno)?

For the first, see also its Troubleshooting page in the documentation. For the second, make sure you select Arduino Leonardo. Also, please just tell us what settings you used rather than expecting people to give you a full overview of things you might already have tried?

Its a “the things node” which I was under the impression was ardurino UNO under the shell.

I attempted to load a sketch following the initial set up guide, found on this website, This failed and the device is not picked up by USB port and the red light is on.

I went across to the trouble shooting page and attempted this, I have also followed a number of other reset guide links to try work around this issue.

I can get the device into what I believe is the boot loader mode however when attempting to upload the new blank sketch as per the troubleshooting guide, it tells me an error occurred while uploading sketch.

I’m new to this and trying to work it out as I go along so please forgive the vagueness of questions or the knowledge level.

“The Things Uno is based on the Arduino Leonardo not the Arduino Uno”

It does however seem missleading for TTI to suggest its a Uno when its not.

The the things node is under the hood a Sparkfun pro mini.

Thanks,

could you give me any guidance on resetting it as im currently have no luck using the troubleshooting guide

Restoring the bootloader is discussed here The Things Industries The Things NODE

hi Pe1mew, thanks for the link, I have gone thru this but as previous it just doesn’t seem to want to reset.

I pretty close to trying to return it.

Once I initiate the bootloader sequence it opens on comm port 4 but always fails when I try to push the blank sketch into it.

Do I need to specify a specific board rate? Is I’ve read a number of different guides which all suggest different things, none of which are successful.

hi - did you manage to resolve this - i have run into the same issue, ?

Hi Jonesro,

I did eventually push a default template into the device but have not investigated it any further. I’m afraid I’m not sure where I got the template.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Hi, no problem - i followed the things node troubleshooting guide and managed a reboot - fresh scratch upload pretty quickly …