The Things Outdoor Gateway SSH

While trying to set up The Things Outdoor Gateway using https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/thethingsoutdoor/ it seems the only port open on the unit is ssh. admin/admin does not work and I am unable to find the default user/pass for this unit. What am I missing here.

Where did you buy that gateway ?

ConnectedThings .

okā€¦ Iā€™m a bit supprised :open_mouth: ā€¦ you must be one of the first who owns one :sunglasses:

The units look super solid and I am desperate to get it working :slight_smile:

Me too - thought these were going out through RS and have been monitoring ready to buy a couple of test units! :frowning:

:thinking: wonder how CT got them - and who else has access to them before RS release - if there is another wholesaler/distributor with stock would like to know so I can grab one to evalā€¦

Have you asked CT if they sold you the unit?!

Hey

I can confirm we have VERY limited stocks of the outdoor gateway at Connected Things, I think these are some of the first available, fresh from China. Weā€™ve been working with TTN/TTI to get them out to the first folk that got in touch with TTI to register interest, before they hit general circulation. Donā€™t worry @Jeff-UK, we didnā€™t do anything sneaky to get them!

We hope to have more from the next (much bigger) batch that is coming soon.

In the meantime, yes, I can confirm the problem @rocketfarm has is the same on the test unit I have. Weā€™re working with TTI to sort this out. All part of the fun of being an early adopter!

Cheers,
Al

2 Likes

:+1:

Would have ā€œregistered interestā€ with TTN/TTI if I had knownā€¦message was ā€˜release through RSā€™ so was waiting patiently! Well done for stealing a march on the market though! :wink:

Hi all

So some good news, we have a workaround for the problems with the web GUI so itā€™s possible to get the gateways up and running.

If youā€™ve ordered a gateway from Connected Things Store/Sensational Systems then you should have just received an email from me with a guide. If you didnā€™t get one then give me a shout and Iā€™ll send it over to you.

2 Likes

I have two, just beginning the set up this weekend. Build quality is vgood and the 16 channels / geolocation and 3/4G backhaul will certainly disrupt the OGW market in a positive way.

Will post a set blog when I am up and running.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get one, can you send it to me please

Hi Rainer

For the latest gateways you should be able to follow the instructions at the bottom of this page https://connectedthings.store/gb/lorawan-gateways/the-things-outdoor-gateway-868-mhz.html
And then the TTN docs here https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/gateways/thethingsoutdoor/

Does that work for you?

No guide with mine either (US version). I did have it running briefly but now the log says ā€œERROR: [main] failed to start the concentratorā€ and no packets get sent.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.