The WORKBENCH part 2

routerboard

saturdaymorning shopping… ’ that could be useful… some day :roll_eyes:

* update :sold out

x1099

x1100

Nylon Plastic Stick On PCB Spacer Standoff Locking Snap-In Posts Fixed Clips Adhesive 3mm Hole Support :woozy_face:

x1102
20pcs 20*20MM White Zip Tie Cable Wire Removable Self Adhesive Wall Holder Mount Clip/Clamp :woozy_face:

x1106
30x Electrical Cable Connectors Quick Splice Lock Wire Terminals Self Locking :woozy_face:

x1107
10pcs Quick Connect Terminal Electric Cable Wire Connector PCT-212/213/214/215 :woozy_face:

ok

uhhhhhhhhh… ok got it :sweat:

x1101

it’s alive !

indicatorthingy

Testing TPL5510…

2 Likes

Kicked, updated the repo, thanks for mentioning that

2 Likes

x1103

new angled patch cables arrived … now it fit’s in the enclosure

x1104

and continue with the 3g/4g/wifi rechargeable mobile gateway

how did @jmarcelino got all that in such a small box ? :scream:

x1110

3 Likes

IMG_20181015_160940 My workbench today, a tall rock in Ireland

IMG_20181015_154614
Over there, in Wales, surely one gateway? I could see the UK but my packets not finding a any hardware I didn’t own!

2 Likes

first tons of errors get thrown at the innocent noob user … :sweat_smile:

x1108

1 Like

Today code optimisation of my Meetjestad node connected to an Honywell particle sensor. This image was captured with my Siglent scope (good suggestion on this forum) and a uCurrent Gold (eevblog).

6 Likes

makes the whole sequence visible :+1:

1 Like

x1111

x1112

first use of new gluegun… aaaaargh :sweat:

x1116
dual voltage power unit with 4 x 12000 mA in 2S2P balanced config, output 8.4 v (dc/dc to 5 and 12v)

x1117
before mounting the cells I charge them individually to an equal value, mount the balance board and leave them balancing for a night, then discharge the pack and recharge… and finally test.
goal is 2 days working on battery’s (without sun/charging)

x1118

x1120

x1124
test GPS module

x1125
ruggedising the enclosure for outdoor use

x1123

3 Likes

x1113

x1114

x1115

'recycle older 4:3 d-sub monitors (the ones that you get for free :wink: ) with help of
this 1080P Hdmi Female To Vga Male With Audio Output Cable Converter Adapter C6V5

US $4.42

So a man contacts me via TTN, asks can we meet and talk LoRaWAN, drops the letters “PIR” in casual concersation and I go all @BoRRoZ!20181022_230616
…and build a PIR node to demo. My ultra low power PIR’s vanished in shipping but this should go for a while on a 18650 for demo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which ultra low power PIR’s did you order?

you can modify the 'standard PIR’s to operate @3V (and lowering the operating current)

or buy a low current one like this module (15uA!)

but don’t forget… low power comes with a price… detection distance

@fewi The units I purchased but which were lost were the 15uA PIR’s that @BoRRoZ links to just above here ^^^

G

1 Like

Sadly that vendor does not ship to UK but this one does & has a few left in stock. @GryKyo …u in Eire? Maybe that allowed shipment or may be why lost?

@Jeff-UK - Our postal service received/scanned a package originating in China but it never tracked any further . When I contacted post office they said they could only talk to sender… yeah, good luck!!!

We have a “pre-backstop” arrangement already in place here in South of Irleand. Several logistics operators will receive goods north of the border and next-day to parcel-depot lockers in the south. About £3.50 for the luxury but can be 10x that for shipping or some cases where no option outside UK is offered.

G

x1127

today will try to finish the wiring :roll_eyes:

1 Like

x1128
thinking about howto easy mount the enclosure later without drilling holes , I had this idea of glueing some really strong magnets inside.
be warned… it hurts when they suddenly stick together with some skin in between :sob:

anyway… these are the magnets I used
magnets

x1129

1 Like