Tropospheric propagation

Have you witnessed very long TTN links, well beyond the line of sight? Most reports suggest that these links are related to anomalous tropospheric propagation. We studied some of these links and were able to categorize them.

In a recent paper we present some preliminary results and call for the TTN community to participate in this radio propagation experiment (just get in touch!):

arxiv.org/abs/2004.02802

Interesting research. I have monitored RF propagation on 868 MHZ using LoRaWAN over the last years in the Netherlands. For this I used a node on a high location with a specific transmission scheme: at a 5-minute interval at SF7 and once each hour at SF12 a packet. This data is then recorded. I recently moved to Grafana and MySQL:

I am curious to learn about your initiative. can we have more contact on this topic?

1 Like

I noticed that the World tropo record on 70cm (434Mhz) was broken recently;

https://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/gb2rs/headlines/2020/01/03/new-tropo-records-on-2m-and-70cm/

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks! Please drop me a message at mzennaro@ictp.it and we can study your link in terms of tropospheric propagation. It’s very interesting you have data for long time.

Sorry to say, but currently I only have aggregated data. With the migration to MySQL and Grafana all data is collected.