Trouble Registering TTIGs today?

Ok - let us know which one (EUI and GW-ID) and we will keep an eye out for any connectivity…again asking @KrishnaIyerEaswaran2 Krishna if he can check back end for any action - or perhaps chime in with any suggestions…

Good - and you can confirm live/online right now? Do you know what PF is being used - UDP based, BasicStation, other? At least we know you can reach the LNS if that is live (port and protocol dependent ofcourse)…which leaves us tacking access to the 3rd party CUPS for initial configs…lets see how your colleague gets on overnight!

Just following up on this also - let me guess - given geography and history - Verizon for both (Internet service and your mobile?!)?

Actually Verizon for mobile, Spectrum for cable internet.

This one is “online”:true

Now that is very interesting

If the TTIG that worked had been stable then we knew likely connection from the local network to LNS would be ok - protocol dependent of course so not guaranteed… the new ones will need to connect to the 3rd party CUPS server to grab config info - which will include then pointing it to talk to the LNS - which is likely the current stumbling block I suspect. Lets wait and see what ‘colleague’ discovers from home network overnight. If still a prblem then I start to suspect if GW’s set as ‘claimable’ by/for TTN/TTI… :man_shrugging:

As this is the key differentiator to this situation, what do you mean by “Yes”?

Is that yes, you used your mobile phone as a hotspot?

Or yes, the TTIG worked when it was using your mobile phone as a hotspot?

No nitpicking here, just looking for clarity. If it worked via your phone, then it must be your network.

I may have an unused TTIG in stock, I can give that a try in the morning.

@descartes The new TTIGs never worked, neither while using my phone as a hotspot nor while using the cable-modem based Wi-Fi network. While trying to use my phone as a hotspot, I unplugged the Wi-Fi router to be sure there as no way it could be implicated.

OK, I’d therefore conclude that it is deeply unlikely to be your network.

Again, may seem nitpicky, but when you say registered, does the dashboard take you through the claiming process once you have entered the EUI?

When I initially registered the new units, the EUI’s I entered correctly took me through the TTIG process asking for the Wi-Fi password to claim the unit.

1 Like

@Johan_Scheepers I have a bunch currently live with no (unknown) issues right now - ok on eu…, point is that unless they have successfully connected to the CUPS server to download initial configs they never will appear online in console and will continue to ‘blink’! :frowning:

This is expected behaviour of the LBS protocol. Gateways must connect to a CUPS server since when they leave the factory, they don’t have an LNS configured.

@vicatcu: The other thing you can do is to do a reset on the gateway. Hold the reset button for 5 seconds and then setup the WiFi again. If you can try that and post the EUI, I can see if it contacted the boot CUPS server.

Today I deleted and reclaimed all three of these units, did a hardware reset on them and reconnected them to the same Wi-Fi network, and all of them were able to get to a solid green light. I don’t know what happened between the start of this thread and now, or if someone at TTN took notice of this thread and fixed something, or if a cosmic ray knocked something loose in my network or in my region of the internet backbone, but whatever it was that was thwarting me is no longer thwarting me. That’s great, but as an engineer, I find this sort of thing exceedingly unsatisfying. Hope everyone has a great rest of their week / month / year.

1 Like

There was a software update earlier today, might have fixed an (unknown) bug…

We are all TTN but yes, someone from TTI took notice, their post was directly above your own.

Me too, but happens so much I’ve stopped caring - these systems are so complex that whilst they have much in the way of fail over & redundancy, it only takes a glitch that comes with a TTL to poison the well for a few days.

Meant no offense, and agree… it is what it is, and for the most part it is pretty great!

That’s great to hear. I can vouch for the fact that no action was taken on the server.

Since the TTIG is currently a blackbox, it’s a bit difficult to debug. TTIGs have a little USB C debug chip (I forgot what the technical name is) which can be used to read serial logs without opening it.

I’ll check with the manufacturer if these can be made available via the resellers.

3 Likes

Ooooo, yes please - saves us opening out TTIGs to add the header pins.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.