Try to join, no answer

Hello, pretty new here discovering LoRa.
My setup is follow: raspberry with a PiSupply LoRa node pHat, outdoor on my balcony
Where i do live (zurich) according TTN map there should be more gateway covering my area.

When i start a simple program to join and send the well know “hello world” (from here: here) i see all working till “joining” and it stuck till i get a timeout error.

in the TTN console i see packages arriving but thats it . no hello world…
I don’t anymore understand what’s wrong.

Is possible there is too much distance between my node and gateways thus i don’t get the answer?

Thank you
alessio
appdata

Hi
I have the same problem. I don’t think the distance would be a problem since I have my own gateway next to the node. Please let us know if you solve the issue.

Keep at least 5 meters between any nodes and your gateway. Nodes closer to a gateway may experience issues due to crosstalk between frequencies (caused by high RF signal levels)

But the data sends over and displays on the TTN page when using ABP

ABP does not require downlinks for the activation. For OTAA, downlinks are needed, and the following applies as for the distance:

The distance may also be too large, or the node may fail to receive the Join Accept (if any!) for other reasons. See some debugging steps in OTAA activation fails - is this caused by distance? - #6 by arjanvanb, Can I use TTN without my own gateway if one is nearby? - #2 by arjanvanb and OTAA no Join Accept after changing batteries - #2 by arjanvanb.

1 Like

[SOLVED] The transmission is now working just fine. Thanks to @arjanvanb and @kersing for your advice.

Hello, alemino my name is Khalid Choudhary have you able to solve this problem because i am also facing this problem .if you are able to solve this problem please help me regarding this issue.
Thanks regards,
Khalid Choudhary.

Hello, gas_detector. how did you solve this problem please help me out.

You are resurecting a 3.5 nearly 4 year old thread but the response immediately above yours suggests yes they resolved! Looks like in that specific case - given the thanks to other experienced volunteers/contributors it may have been due to node - gw distance issues - too close or too far! (RSSI too high or too low). LoRaWAN can be a complex beast with many moving parts and there can be many reasons for your problem. You will need to provide much more info and details wrt your set-up and configuration before other volunteers might be able to assist…use search for initial discovery of other with similar problems (and their potential solutions where available) then come back with details (again informed by what others provide or are asked to provide when asking for help via your search efforts) such that we may guide you - crystal balls in short supply this time of year :wink: Details matter and the volunteers do not have a lot of time for playing 20 questions or drip feeding the requested config info.