TTGO T-Deer

I bought two of these modules (TTGO T Deer Pro Mini Lora V02) but when trying to connect them to the Arduino IDE I am getting the error:

“avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc1”

I tried to use the arduino mini and arduino pro or pro mini as devices but I still get these kind of errors. Can someone please guide me on how to program these modules with Arduino IDE?

Thanks

Tried to choose bot mini and Pro/ Promini but without success. It keeps giving me an error
“avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xc1”

USB to serial converter (using only 4 wires, VCC, GND, TX and RX) is working fine since when opening serial terminal, the pre-programmed code will display the packet number sent correctly.

Any more hints on how I can solve the problem? Thanks

1 Like

I’m confused, is this specific to t-deer device or all your devices?

Specific to the t-deer device only. I tested on Wroom32, nano, esp8266 and I managed to program them all. The only difference is that the t-deer needs the usb to serial converter while the others have the converter inbuilt. I am sure that the converter is working fine since I manage to get data back from the t-deer to the Arduino IDE serial monitor. Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem, flashing avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding. I use platformio.

My v2 one has just arrived, will play with it this weekend

Hello, short update from my side: I odered another bunch of those and figured out that the layout and shematic has changed from the previous version ‘Pro mini_LORA 20180926’ to ‘Promini_LORA_V02 20190506’
I received the new shematics and will check if there is any need to adopt the software.

2 Likes

Can you share the new schematic?

Ah! Yeah - sure… I forgot to attach it: promini_lora_v02.pdf (70.5 KB)

Hello, I was wondering how you all got on with this product? Did this thread continue elsewhere?
Thanks in advance

What is your concrete question?

2 Likes

My TTGO T-Deer V02’s showed up this week. Most of this thread relates to the V01 board and it looks like some of the fix’s are no longer required (e.g. changing 5v, 3v3 jumpers)

I’ve summarised a list of things to get the T-Deer to work. Can anyone working with V02 (or both versions) tell me if I’ve missed something or if its still required with V02?

• Connect DI01 to D5 on the board
  • Connect antenna (I read you can damage some boards if powered up without antenna?)
  • Apply appropriate pin mapping in lmic-based sketch, as per jezd (post #30)
  • Define D6 as INPUT and connect D6 to A0 to monitor voltage (probably no point if I’m using a buck converter, as I’ll never see a change, see below)
  • Make sure Arduino IDE is set to Arduino mini (not pro, pro mini)
  • Connect board to USB serial converter (I have CP2102) using 5V. Upload MCCI LMiC-based sketch.

I plan to run in 5V, 16Mhz powered by an external TP4056 charger and 6v solar panel because I need 5V logic for one of my sensors. Are you guys slowing clock speed to 8mhz just to save power?

The datasheet shows a TP4054 charger on board and I was hoping to plug the solar panel straight to the serial 5V and LiPo battery to Vbat, but it’s a constant current charger, not MPPT, so probably not good. Any thoughts? It’s obviously not ideal to go from 3.7vLiPo-6Vsolar-TP4056, through a buck converter to 5V, only to be regulated back down to 3v3 on the board, but this is just for testing.

Has anyone been using the onboard flash to use as a local data backup? It would be good to save data in case of network outage, but not sure if there’s room for additional code in the sketch.

What kind of external interrupt are you using? A DS3231 RTC on D3?

1 Like