TTIG and WPA2 Enterprise?

Hello,
I would like to use the TTIG with WPA2 Enterprise. Is there a way to enter username and password to get a WiFi connect or is only PSK supported?
Thank you, Tore

2 Likes

I would like to lend my support to this idea. Many campuses require WPA2 Enterprise.

Hello,
at work we offer the SSID eduroam. The only way to get a username and password for a device is to create a guest account. A guest account is only valid for up to 6 month. So it would be very helpful if at least two username/password combinations would be supported.

At home I use a RAK 7258 gateway. At the moment I would prefer this devcie for indoor use even so it doesn’t support WPA2 Enterprise as it has an Ethernet interface (and WPA2 with PSK).

It seems that the answer to my original question is no and so I will use different devices.
Thank you, Tore

Hi Tore,

any idea where we can apply for a guest account on eduroam that is valid for up to 6 months? We are at the KuLeuven, but I have no clue where or whom we can contact in order to apply for a Shibboleth account, other than our professional one.

That could indeed partially solve the problem for some of the lorawan gateways that have WPA2 Entreprise as backhaul, if not all of them.

Thanks already.

Hello,
the eduroam guest accounts I mentioned are only for local use on our campus. And you have to work or study here to be able to create guest accounts. I fear this is a local enhancement and not aready to use thing that comes with eduroam. But I could ask how to implement something like this.
Thank you, Tore

Hello,
as I suspected the guest accounts are an local enhancement. Every username ending in “@guest” is handled by a local Radius server.
For IPv4 we use RFC1918 addresses. If you need to reach the wireless devcie you have to use IPv6 from the internal campus network.
Thank you, Tore

Thank you Tore,

for making the enquiry at your local enhancement for a guest account on eduroam, which is negative, as suspected. That is the reason why I asked, as on our campus there is no such way.
It would have been a solution for having lorawan gateways Internet access with WPA2 Entreprise.

Have a nice day.