TTIG connects to Wi-Fi but is always flashing green

A post was merged into an existing topic: TTIG non-response to first post

Hello all. Thank you for your responses to things I could try to resolve my issue.

I did attempt a reset. I held the reset down for >5s, then held the setup button for >10s, connected to wifi, save and reboot, and the behavior continued, which is the same as before - blinks slow green, then quick orange/green and then to a 1/4 sec quick green flashing. It never goes to a solid green. Just continuously blinks green.

The EUI is 58A0CBFFFE802623

In regards to deleting from the console and re-claiming, can you point me in the direction on instruction on how to do this safely?

Thank you again!

You should be able to just go into The Things Stack console by way of https://console.cloud.thethings.network/, then navigate to your region, and find your gateway under the Gateways section (clicking the ‘Go to gateways’ button). When you click into the detail section for your gateway you can click on “General Settings” on the left, then scroll all the way to the bottom. To the right of the “Save Settings” button you’ll see a button labeled “Delete gateway”. Click that and acknowledge that you know what you’re doing.

After you do that it shouldn’t be in your list of Gateways anymore. You should then be able to click the
“Claim gateway” button on the Gateways list page and type in the various things off the back of the label.

Gateway EUI should be 58A0CBFFFE802623. The “Claim authentication code” should be the Wi-Fi password printed on the label on the back of the gateway.

You cannot use the same exact thing you had before for the Gateway ID, but that’s a non-load bearing string as far as I know, and just serves as a more useful mnemonic than the EUI as an ID for your reference, so just make up something different than you used before. Finally pick the appropriate frequency band, which is likely the country you are, and the one that is marked “Used by TTN”, and click the “Claim gateway” button. Assuming everything goes according to plan that should re-add the Gateway to your list of gateways, and with any luck, maybe your Gateway will actually connect to The Things Network again.

2 Likes

This worked. Deleting it, reclaiming it, and power cycling it did the trick.

I am back up and running. Any insight on why that may have been necessary?

Thanks.

1 Like

Cool!

I’d suspect that a reset at both ends resulted in an all fresh update & configuration - with so many moving parts it only takes a setting to look like it’s set but it’s not really set and it all gets out of sync.

1 Like

Hi all,

My TTIG connects to Wi-Fi but is always flashing green 1/4sec.
I tried what was advised in this thread but to no avail. I tried multiple times to delete the gateway, reset TTIG, config wifi, open ports on the router, power cycle etc.

Even though I claimed it, I find it odd that the EUI does not show on the overview? Please see the screenshot.

NoEUI

Gateway EUI: 58A0CBFFFE80226A

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Though console shows Claim GW successful are you sure all details correct and accurate? Esp the EUI = 58A0CBFFFE80226A

A quick historic check shows this specific EUI was previously registered under the old TTN V2, where I assume it worked ok. If live during or after the Dec’21 V2 → V3 transition it will likley have been ‘Auto Migrated’ by the TTI core team and should show up under the owner/user GW console as GW ID EUI-xxxxxx and GW name Auto-Migrated- ‘\original V2 name/’ likley <eui-xxxx…>.

I futher note this V2 registration is under user name “MateuszGG” - is that you or one of your colleagues/someone in your organisation? With the original location set as Lat 51.58165244 Lon -2.99156217 - is that your GW/location? (Newport S.Wales)

Thank you for looking into this! I’m sure that the EUI is correct, I checked it many times.

This TTIG was used by an engineer who is now gone. I don’t know if it was live on or after Dec’21. The gateway has now moved location, but still in south Wales.

Is there something that I can do to completely remove the previous owner? Would this be why the EUI does not show in the overview?

TTIG info:
Gateway EUI 58A0CBFFFE80226A
WiFi AP MAC 58:A0:CB:80:22:6A
WiFi AP Pass XXXXXXX
WiFi STA MAC 2C:F4:32:50:B9:9B
Serial Number TBMH100868006669
MFG date 2019-11-16 07:30:08
FW Build 2020-05-07 16:03:53
FW Version 2.0.4
Core Version 2.0.4(minihub/debug)

Hey gang, I think something might be wrong with the back end LNS (or something). I’ve got another person who is describing these symptoms on their longtime working TTIG, connected to Wi-Fi but not connecting to the back end (alternating between 1/4s flashing green for a period of time, then green/red alternating for a period of time, and repeat). I tried the whole deleting it and reclaiming it thing to no avail. Eventually I decided to configure and send a new TTIG to the person, but during trying to claim that unit (the way I always do) the brand new TTIG is doing the same exact thing here. What can we do to get this sorted out? Any help would be very much appreciated. Happy to share any information that will help.

Per the link share from a day day ago

Looks like a problem has been identified and per Krishna a fix is being rolled out…

1 Like

The fix has been rolled out and it is working now.
I had to delete the TTIG, re-claim it, and power cycle it. All good now! Thank you!

3 Likes

I am also having trouble connecting my new TTIG - always flashing 1/4 second green. I followed the instructions and started over several times but always get the same result. My EUI is 58A0CBFFFE802D30.

Too many possibilities to summarise from memory so you may want to review prior posts on this using forum search - “TTIG green blink” should do the trick.

what is GW-ID?

This gateway is not in the database.

So WiFi setup but possibly not claimed?

Sorry, I replied from my phone and somehow gave you the EUI. The GW-ID is rjlgw1.

Did you claim the gateway?

or

Is not in the database.

This is what I set up…

Did you claim the gateway? The Things Indoor Gateway | The Things Stack for LoRaWAN