TTIG lost connection to LNS

Although it sounds like a familiar problem with familiar solutions - and believe me, I HAVE searched the forum and tried the different “solutions” - it appears to me to be a new problem.

Backround: I purchased two TTIGs from RS-Online AFTER 1. July, with the only option to register the gateways in V3. As such not a problem although the the console kept reporting the GWs as not connected.
The GWs were able to forward traffic from an end node connected to each, so everything was rosy red.
That is until I returned from vacation a week ago to find the GWs vigorously blinking green (ok, 1/4 sec intervals, but still…) indicating “Connected to WiFi, establishing connection to LNS/Configuring radio”.
Nothing I have tried - reboot, factory reset, have rectified the situation.
What is wrong with my two GWs?

Are they both on same local network and same internet connection? Suspicious that they both have an issue? Any domestic or corporate ISP changes/router changes (had a router messed up 6am Monday at a remote site with a ttig when we discovered ISP had rolled out an automatic update to the router…quick roll back and all was good, funny but site host had also just come back from vac!). Can you power cycle the router/WiFi AP? You can log into the miniHub set up page (192.168.4.1) and scan for SSID’s ok I assume? And can see TTIG registered on WiFi net ok?

Have you also tried deleting one and reclaiming it. (note not registering/ re-registering as you put in post but claiming…). You will need a new (you choose) gw Id to enter if you take that route.

I would emphasis the register vs claim.

You may have claimed them, but you used the word register that throws up some doubt. I’d try everything @Jeff-UK has said, but when you report back, please be clear about using claim. We’ve all spun many wheels on here recently with the TTIG.

On the other hand, outstanding report with extra kudos for the LED colour & flash interval!

Mornin’ Nick, haven’t tested but would reg vs claim allow 1st (partial) work then later loss or usual just “doesn’t work right” we keep hearing from ‘registerer’s’ vs ‘claimers’?- haven’t tested that route myself…only ever claim a TTIG… OP’s choice of word indeed cast doubt, hence me calling out…

Dunno, it’s on the list of things to check, but as we know from the final push to get the TTIG registration that we assisted with, anything could be happening …

And so much easier to debug if things are very definitive!

1 Like

No, they are on two different networks, and two different locations. One is connected trough the guest network on a corporate network, the other on a private network…
The TTIG registers on the private network fine. Cannot verify on the corporate network. But since the show the same behavior which started at the same time, I assume it is also fine there.
The private network in mention is my own network. Router and ISP-modem has been reset several times without this solving the issue. Router has not received any firmware updates since the GW was working.

I thought it would only be possible to claim a GW that had been registered on V2?

Cannot verify on the corporate network.

TTIGs don’t support Enterprise WiFi networks if that’s what you are using

I thought it would only be possible to claim a GW that had been registered on V2?

Not at all. Any TTIG can be claimed as long as you have the EUI and the WiFi password that’s printed on the back of the gateway.

Re. Enterprise WiFi: I should have pointed out that the guest network is NOT Enterprise WiFi.
Also, the setup worked for about a month.
Re. Claiming a GW. So you suggest that I try to delete one of the GWs and try claim it via console?

Claim…yes for a win!

If you have already registered your gateway in The Things Stack CE (v3), then you don’t have to delete it. Just claim it with the same ID you used to register it.

If you are asking about deleting it from v2, there’s no need for this also. Just claim it in The Things Stack CE (v3) according to the instructions; https://www.thethingsindustries.com/docs/gateways/models/thethingsindoorgateway/

I’ve never seen that written down or said or suggested. The correct procedure for on boarding a TTIG to v3 is detailed in the official documentation:

I know this link is just above, but we need to reinforce the message for when others come along!

TTIG = Claim, accept no substitute!

I will try claiming the GWs again tomorrow once I have physical access to them.
I will post progress here,

As promised an update: After claiming the GWs and several resets/reboots, they are finally up and running.
Thanks for all the help.

1 Like