TTN Broker only mqtt messages with milesight lora gateway

Hi,

I am using milesight ug65 gateway connected to ttn and messages from gateway using UDP,
confuguration is port forwarder using sematech to ttn.com ports 1700.

I need to work with mqtt/tcp only is it possible with the things network?

how should i configure my gateway to work with mqtt only and ttn?

Thanks
Shay

Why do you need to use MQTT? And for which purpose?

i am connecting the gateway to unit who uses only tcp socket

Gateways connect to a LoRaWAN Network Server. Applications connect to the same LNS. TTN provides that LNS.
So connections for an application using mqtt should be to the LNS, not to the gateway. Or you use a gateway with an integrated LNS, but in that case you are no longer using TTN and out of scope for this forum.

i am trying to connect it through unit that accept tcp, its working with tago.io but not with ttn who uses udp and tcp

You need to be far more descriptive here - what is a “unit”. More detail = more help.

Gateway’s don’t connect to anything on the internet other than via UDP for the older packet forwarder and TCP/IP for BasicStation. If you are on the internet to use MQTT and you leave the gateway alone, it will just work. Why does it have to use MQTT.

If you have a device or node that uses MQTT, it will still send the uplinks via the LoRa radio.

For clarity, TTN doesn’t support gateway connection via MQTT but other stacks do, but that is off-topic for the TTN forum.

You need to to explain in a lot more detail what you want for us to be able to help you. What needs to talk to what?

Hi, thanks!

I am using Iot stellite device that accepts tcp or udp, i am connecting the gateway milesight ug65 to my terminal and at the other side i have connection to broker/server.
Its working with tago.io who work with mqtt. Now i want to use ttn i have two option:

1. Only UDP
  2. Only Tcp but with one session for all sensors, i manged to work with tago.io with one sensor because each sensor opens new tcp session.

For each sensor i opened apllication in the gateway and it own decoder.

If i managed to send the messages/recieve with only UDP my problems were solved.

Sorry, but that is not TTN and won’t be supported on a TTI funded forum.

Sorry but what do you mean this is not ttn?

Stellite is a range of cobalt-chromium alloys designed for wear resistance. I doubt there is an IoT version of that. Do you mean satellite? Either way, and you’ve already been asked to be more descriptive, what is this, what is the manufacturer, what is the model number, you must provide a link to the web page for the device.

You are connecting your Milesight gateway to your terminal. What is your terminal? Again, manufacturer, model, web link.

Why would you connect this terminal to the gateway, gateways normally connect to the internet.

Why do you want to use TTN if you already have a working solution?

TTN, in broad terms, IS a Network & Application server. Why would you want to use the NS on the gateway and somehow bypass the NS on TTN - which isn’t possible or makes any sense what so ever. So if the Milesight has processed the uplink, why would you want to pass it on to TTN. And if you have an NS running, why would you want to send it to another NS. And if you have an NS that can send out information via MQTT, why would you think that another NS would accept pre-processed uplinks via MQTT?

And in all of this, what are the devices you are using and what are you trying to do?

Given two moderators are completely puzzled by your questions, you may well find that if you don’t provide lots & lots more detail and very possibly read the Learn section (top-right of this page) so that you are clear about what LoRaWAN is, that this thread won’t be open for long.

If your sensor is registered on the gateway and not on TTN you are not using TTN.

Hi,

Yes i mean satellite,

But lets forget about what i am using just trying to get some answer to my question.

Lets say i am connecting my gateway to the the internet and connect it to ttn server/application (allready done that) seen my sensors on ttn using sematech port forwarder 1700. With wireshrk i have seen connection established with tcp then the sensors messages was on udp.

My question is:

Is there anyway working with the things network only with udp messages from the gateway? Is there any configuration i need to do to the gateway and ttn to make it work?

Thanks!

Yes, use the TTS documentation to setup the gateway - this is the default / normal use - it’s not a special or unusual configuration.