TTN Gateway connected but no traffic

I’ve recently updated a v1 TTN gateway to firmware 1.0.5 using an SD card. It was previously displaying the constant reboot issue.

The update seemed to work, I could activate the gateway and see it’s status as connected in the TTN console.

I set up an application and registered a Laird RS186 OTAA device, but the gateway console never displays any traffic,such as join request/accept frames. The gateway overview shows Received/Transmitted messages as 0. The OTAA device has never been seen.

I captured some serial info from the gateway which suggests it is seeing the LoRaWAN packets and sending them up via MQTT to the router url mqtts://bridge.eu.thethings.network:8882

LGMD:LORA: Accepted packet

MQTT: Sending UPLINK OK
MON: SYS Stack size: 2851
MON: TCPIP Stack size: 3581
MON: APP Stack size: 3294
MON: LoRa Stack size: 3857
MON: heap usage: 278KB (282KB), free: 61KB
MQTT: Sending status packet
MQTT: Sending status succeeded: 6

MQTT: Sending UPLINK OK
MON: SYS Stack size: 2851
MON: TCPIP Stack size: 3581
MON: APP Stack size: 3294
MON: LoRa Stack size: 3857
MON: heap usage: 278KB (282KB), free: 61KB

The local gateway info page at http://things-gateway.local/info shows that the gateway believes it has sent packets up with a true connection to the broker.

I know the Laird device works as I’ve used it on different LoRa servers. I also tried an old Semtech LoRa Mote which also works, but also does not show as traffic on the console.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated if anyone has seen this behaviour. Should the traffic page on the console show all LoRaWAN packets seen by the gateway?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The NOT CONNECTED topic